Head of Technical Services - ITIL - Kingston upon Thames (CR/CR/013587) Kingston upon Thames, England
|Salary:||GBP550 - GBP575 per day|
Head of Technical Services – ITIL/IT Services - Kingston upon Thames
Head of Technical Services require for a large organisation based in Kingston upon Thames. You will be responsible for the IT infrastructure operations and teams that underpin the organisations IT systems and services ensuring that end-user computing, networking, telephony, security, and hosting platforms are highly available, reliable, and secure. You will also be required to develop relevant roadmaps and solutions to address complex, technical, and organisational challenges and changes.
The role will require 1-2 days working on site.
Key Skills of the Role:
- In depth technical experience or knowledge of datacentre infrastructure or cloud technologies VMware vSphere and Horizon, Citrix, Azure, AWS, Azure AD, Active Directory, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Compute, Backup and Storage
- Strong knowledge of End User Computing Technologies such as Microsoft EMS/SCCM/Intune/MDT, JAMF Pro, Ivanti, VMware, Citrix, Numecent CloudPaging, App-v, and MSIX.
- Experience around Network and Voice Technologies, such as as, load balancers (e.g. Citrix NetScaler), Firewalls, switches, routers, VOIP, Unified Communications and wireless networks.
- Previous knowledge of Security Technologies such as Firewalls, NAC, cloud security, Microsoft EMS, endpoint and datacentre protection (e.g. Trend Micro), data protection (e.g. GDPR), DOS attacks, zero day exploits, vulnerability protection, lateral movement out brakes, MFA, Security Information and Event Management, and Cyber Threat Hunting.
- Strong Stakeholder management
- The ideal candidate will be both ITIL and TOGAF qualified
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Responsible for the operational management and maintenance of the core IT infrastructure and services which includes end-point provisioning, compute, storage, backup, VDI, cloud, voice, networking, and security
- Ensure that the service areas meet or exceed industry standards and act as the source of specialist leadership at the highest level for institutional investments and plans
- Monitor and manage the operational budget including financial planning and forecasting, with additional input into the wider departmental budget planning and digital investments
- Produce regular service and team performance reports to drive informed decision making and continuous improvement
- Contribute to the strategic and tactical development of the hybrid Cloud infrastructure
- Guide and influence the departmental heads and managers in the planning and implementation/configuration of services and upgrades or replacement of existing systems within the bounds of strategy and affordability.
- Responsible for strategic relationships with key suppliers to drive continuous improvements including technology developments and sourcing opportunities where practical to enhance overall services
- Working with Service Management, lead the development and implementation of SLAs ensuring that ITIL processes are adhered to and that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- Rigorously ensure IT security best practice, standards and policies are promoted and are monitored to ensure compliance.
- Contribute to the IT Strategy and participate in leadership discussions and decisions affecting the wider I&TS department, achieving “buy-in” from staff and key stakeholders across the business.
Interested!?! Please send your up to date CV to Kate Sadler at Crimson for immediate review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment business in regards to this vacancy.