Mechanical Engineering Technician (MET) St. Helens, England
|GBP42000 - GBP44350 per annum + pension, car allowance, bonus scheme
Mechanical Engineering Technician
St Helens (WA9)
Commutable from Warrington, Liverpool, Wigan, Widnes, Runcorn, Leigh, Ashton-in-Makerfield
Up to £44,350 + on Call Allowance + Bonus
Days – Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week) + 1 in 9 on call system
- Group Personal Pension Plan up to 8% employer Contribution
- 25 days Holiday
- On site Parking
Our client is a leading heavy manufacture, that values hard work, teamwork and developing people. They are part of a global group with multiple sites in the UK, this is one of their flagship growing operations. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Technician to join the team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Planned preventative maintenance activities to maximise plant reliability;
- Fault finding and diagnostics in emergency breakdown or planned situations;
- Modification and improvement of plant;
- Hazard identification and elimination;
- Problem solving;
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation and support and contribute to the site HSE initiatives.
- Provide Training and mentoring to apprentices and colleagues;
- Use SAP CMMS system to record maintenance activities and parts used.
- Involve effective communication with Supervision and members of other areas.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- relevant Engineering Apprenticeship and be qualified to NVQ level 3
- Proven experience working in a similar Technical Role
- Can work unsupervised
- be capable of identifying, generating and managing own workload
- must be willing to join the 1-in-9 on call team to provide out of hours coverage in line with the needs of the process
- must be flexible in order to respond to changes in priority or emergency situations which may include operating on a shift system
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar, please contact our Consultant Eleana Ewins directly at email@example.com or call them for a confidential discussion on 01785 450162.
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk