Senior Process Controls Engineer (D4WforJHSrProcContrH) District of Columbia, USA
TITLE: Senior Process Controls Engineer
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
The Senior Process Controls Engineer is responsible for creating control systems for proprietary and special design machinery in response to specific assignments and requests. He/She must be a team player, have demonstrated OEM electrical design skills, be fluent with IEC 61131-3 programming standard and have a working knowledge of AutoCAD.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Senior Process Controls Engineer must demonstrate competence in the following areas.
• Creates electrical control systems and drawings to applicable standards for machinery in response to customer specifications. The majority of this work will be performed on PC and CAD.
• Prepares machine or process concept sketches. Creates drawings, schematics, timing and sequencing diagrams and design calculations to support concepts and processes.
• Writes code as necessary for PLC, coordinated motion control systems, HMI and safety control devices.
• Assists in the preparation of machinery development cost estimates. Produces conceptual diagrams and calculations to support estimates.
• Prepares written literature for machine operation, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Assists with start-up, troubleshooting and correction of new and existing machine designs on the shop assembly floor. Follows-up on machine field experience to improve machines and machine design.
• Evaluates and tests electrical components to determine proper selection relative to cost, machine requirements and application.
• Prepares and checks electrical diagrams and documentation for ease of understanding and interpretation by customer and in-house employees.
• Limited travel to customer locations for consultation with customer prior to machine sale or for installation, start-up, training or servicing of machines. Limited travel to vendor locations for product evaluation or training.
• Participates in continuous improvement initiatives including but not limited to Lean.
• Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the Engineering Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ prior electrical design and PLC programming experience required.
• PLC programming and synchronized motion control experience required.
• Prior OEM and web converting experience preferred but not required.
• An understanding of mechanical machine design.
• Exemplifies strong planning/organizing, quality, efficiency, safety, dependability, adaptability, problem solving and customer service capabilities.
• Travel up to 25%.
EQUIPMENT OPERATED OR USED:
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.