Human Resources Manager (D1V 0529 Alb HR) Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Human Resources Manager will act as a senior leader and business partner with the leadership team by planning and administering policies, programs, and processes related to human resources. This individual is responsible for ensuring the environment of the manufacturing operations aligns with values and culture.
This Company's manufacturing teams are passionate and if you want to work for a great company with a strong brand and a vision for the future, this could be a great fit for you.
Essential job duties and responsibilities for the human resources manager include the following:
- Assists in the development and execution of processes and programs administered and performed by team or others such as: recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention, health services, training programs, compensation plans, wage surveys, factory progression (job bidding), safety program coordination, unemployment, workers' compensation, disability, orientation, HRIS, team member activities, team member handbook, and metric analysis.
- Ensures the coordination of required HR training needed in manufacturing: interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions/progression, performance management, safety, FMLA/ADA, harassment and discrimination, compliance, policy and procedures and cultural training needs to ensure a people-focused environment.
- Advises manufacturing management and human resources team in appropriate resolution of team member relations issues and corrective action.
- Responds to inquiries from a variety of HR and manufacturing professionals regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Prepares budget for assigned Human Resources accounts.
- Develops and coordinates the continuous improvement of team member relations and corrective action policies, and the communication of policies.
- Coordinates and facilitates the resolution of team member performance issues.
- Oversees the organizational needs of a Manufacturing Site: organizational effectiveness survey and response, team member and manager morale and issues, communication needs, recruitment needs, and union avoidance.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the human resources function and ensures team member relations policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with federal and state law.
Essential qualifications for the human resources manager include the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or MS in Human Resources acceptable.
- A minimum of four years of experience in Human Resources. Must be current in practices of employment law, train the trainer, benefits and compensation, OSHA record keeping, etc.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access). Must have the ability to manage multiple-tasks in an environment of constant interruptions and be able prioritize responsibilities.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills are required as well as good public relations, public speaking, instructional/teaching, and customer service skills.
- Must be a team player and exhibit a strong desire to learn and promote self-growth.
- Must be pro-active, have a good attitude, be self-disciplined, and self-motivated.
- Must be a "take-charge" person with a demonstrated ability to follow projects through to completion.
- Member of Society of Human Resource Professionals (SHRM) is a plus or other HR Society membership.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP is preferred but not required.
My name is Dallis and I specialize in pairing top tier talent with companies at the leading edge of their respective industries. Shoot me an email at email@example.com to get your next career move in the works!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.