Transport Co-Ordinator Apprenticeship (BET032-APPRENTICESHI) Crewe, England
|Salary:||GBP10630.1 - GBP20995 per annum|
Silver Arrow are recruiting for a Transport Co-ordinator based in the Crewe area.
This is an apprenticeship role.
Your Shift Pattern:
- Monday to Friday
- 0800 to 1730 – hours are based on the candidate being over the age of 18
- 1 Hour Lunch
- £10,630.10 to £20,995.00 per annum
- Reporting to the Head of Operations your role will be to work within a fast-paced operations department, supporting the senior transport planners with managing a number of own fleet and subcontractors across a varied customer base.
- Assist the transport department to ensure that vehicle profitability is maximized on every job whilst maintaining the highest level of safety and compliance.
- Develop a detailed understanding across the entire operation function supporting with key administrative procedures allowing the department to operate efficiently.
- Support with planning and allocating the loads on a daily basis in order to maximise vehicle revenue
- Support with ensuring a balanced use of own fleet and sub contraction effectively.
- Ensure that all telematics, driver training & driver recruitment procedures are adhered to
- Work alongside the training and compliance department in achieving set company objectives with regards to driver development and damage reporting, control and limitation.
- Support the operations department in managing the day-to-day issues of the remote driver workforce, including performance, holidays, sickness and training.
- Ensuring that all telephone calls are handled or directed as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all administrative duties are completed in line with company and customer requirements.
- Provide customer relations team with updates in accordance with customer SLA.
- Ensuring that job related paperwork is recorded, collated and distributed accordingly.
- Ensuring any filing systems are kept accurate and up to date.
- Other general administrative tasks including data input, printing, copying etc.
Benefits for completing the apprenticeship:
- Full time employment if successful
- Scope for progression through the organisation.
- Level 3 Transport and Warehouse Operations Supervisor Level 3.
- Assessor to visit you at your workplace, and support you remotely.
At Silver Arrow, our priority is you. We strongly believe in getting to know you and understanding your needs in the hope of building a great working relationship.
Call our recruitment team today on 01925 815048