GENOMICS PROGRAMMER (DBorProCoor) Chicago, Illinois
A successful Pharmaceutical Lab is looking to add an experienced professional in the role of Genomics Programmer, with a proven track record of impeccable performance. This role will report directly to the Head of Translational Development and become an integral part of the company´s R&D team!
This role will provide primary analytical support of genomics and other biological studies to the company. This position involves cutting edge science and it’s pivotal in advancing the company’s therapeutic capabilities.
· Serve as a bioinformatics programmer
· Support research and development focusing on genomics efforts
· Develop assisted and automated analysis tools for standardized workflows
· Develop information systems to capture and share biological insight
· Ensure completeness, correctness and integrity of analyses and data
· Design and develop algorithms and software to process, normalize, organize, visualize, and interpret data
· Evaluate and compare best practices for processing and analyzing data
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Problem- solving skills
· Leadership and teamwork skills
· Ability to work independently
· Creative problem solver
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Following best practices
· Comfortable working in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment
· Analytical and mathematical thinking
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
· Master’s degree in a related field is a plus
· 4+ years’ experience working with biological data and computational environments
· Advanced knowledge of algorithms and statistics
· Experience designing software tools and writing code
· Proficiency in the testing process
· Bioinformatics/Genomics experience and familiarity with common concepts, terminologies and software
For additional information on this opportunity, please send your resume by email to email@example.com Your information will be handled in strict confidentiality.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 30 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.