Long Term Planner - Mine Engineer (BBBH3726) Senegal
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Long-Term Planner to join a well-known Multi-National Mining Company in Senegal.
Our client is one of the largest mineral mining operations in the world, they have selected Globe 24-7 as a recruitment partner to successfully source the position and add value to the wider recruitment strategy with market knowledge, trends and a previous track record in conducting similar searches
Responsible for optimising the strategic and operational mine planning to achieve optimum production. You would also carry out long-term (5 Year Plan), mine design, planning and scheduling.
- Develop and maintain the ‘Five-Year Plan’ and the ‘Life-of-Mine Plan’
- Schedule and plan production activities capital costs (vegetation clearing, topsoil stripping, dredge path planning, drilling, contouring, topsoil spreading, tailings placement and mine services)
- Provide detailed mine plans, sections and schedules of these activities
- Provide detailed mine plans to include roads, water lines, power and concentrate stockpile locations
- Carry out Life of Mine Tailings Planning
- Materials balancing and associated tailings infrastructure planning
- Carry out optimisation of the mine path to achieve strategic objectives
- Review mining methods and provide input into developing alternate and more effective methods
- Significant input into the development of Production Budgets and Capital plans
- Provide Production and Cost forecasts as required
- Assist with Budget preparation
- Management reporting to meet reporting requirements
- Maintain the Datamine Mine Planning and Geological database
- Continuous review of medium and long term plans to ensure that timely decisions are made
- Provide technical support to the Short and Medium Term Mine Planners and Operations Managers as required
- Risk identification of medium to long-term issues
- Develop and maintain planning procedures and processes
- Undertake business analysis projects as required
- Contribute and support recommendations for work improvement opportunities
- Provide relief coverage for appropriate positions to increase skills and experience across a range of mining activities
- Mining or Geological Engineering Degree, or significant practical experience as a Mine Planner
- Strong computer skills with experience with mine planning software, preferably Datamine
- Also Autocad and GIS software such as Mapinfo
- Preferably a minimum of five years of experience at an operating mine
- Analytical Skills – Ability to visualise the link between mine planning and production processes.
- Ability to visualise topography and interpret contour plans
- Ability to communicate effectively and work constructively with mine planning personnel, production employees, department managers and consultants
- Excellent report writing skills (French and English Beneficial)
- Must be enthusiastic and willing to share knowledge/experience
This position offers a competitive remuneration package and is an excellent opportunity for a professional to further their career with a world-class operation. This is a residential opportunity Monday - Friday (Site-Based), also offering relocation for suitable candidates.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.