Market Access Director (38234) Macquarie Park, Sydney, Australia
An opportunity to be the Market Access Director for a global medical device company has become available. Lead a team of professionals that pride themselves on their supportive culture and passion to provide life changing devices to patients worldwide. They are offering an attractive salary package, flexible working arrangements and great market share across their portfolio’s.
About the company
A distinguished medical device company that manufactures and distributes a vast range of medical and surgical products across the globe. A long-established company that strives to offer innovative solutions to enhance lives of patients worldwide.
About the opportunity
You will lead the Market Access & Reimbursement team to obtain and present essential insights for both internal and external stakeholders. Your expertise will be utilised to develop strategies to ensure the continued achievement of company objectives. This role is a flexible arrangement with the head office in Sydney and will entail ad hoc international travel. This role sits on the leadership team and reports to the Managing Director.
- Analyse current reimbursement and funding sources, internal business functions, internal pricing functions and company relationships with external stakeholders to implement processes that optimise future revenue and margin opportunities as well as mitigate risk
- Be the company representative on all global Health Economic and Market Access initiatives and matters relating to the Prosthesis List, PBS list and other relevant external stakeholders
- Stay abreast of federal and state government policies, MTAA updates and changes in private insurer practices and funding that influence both the public and private healthcare sectors
- Lead the evaluation on market size and market share statistics to provide status reports to be utilised in policy and strategy decision making company wide
- Analyse current reimbursement programs to identify growth opportunities as well as risks to the business
- Work closely with internal business functions to anticipate and prepare for government policy amendments to Prosthesis lists as well as internal product changes to the Prosthesis list
- Maintain and enhance KOL / KDM database to identify and utilise key relationships to increase business opportunities
- Analyse market trends and prepare forecasts to be utilised in regular reports for internal business functions
- Drive and maintain collaborative environment amongst team
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business (management focus highly desired) with extensive experience in commercial finance, account management or marketing
- Experience adapting to government policy to achieve business objectives
- Experience in Ethnographic research approaches and gathering market insights for business development
- Understanding of the LEAN continuous improvement program
- Experience managing a pricing function in a similar field
- Experience managing a team in a complex business environment
- Strong MS office suite skills
How to Apply
Click apply or contact Madeleine Byrnes, Sourcing Consultant on 0288778703 for a confidential discussion.