Accounting & Finance Manager - Cameroon (50780323/001) Douala, Cameroon
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Accounting & Finance Manager at a well-established global energy company in Cameroon.
About the role:
The Accounting & Finance Manager is responsible for managing the Accounting & Finance policies and procedures in the areas of compliance with IFRS standards, internal reporting guidelines, Risk Management and in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and laws. He/she is responsible for providing accurate, timely and complete management information in order to ensure that the company meets compliance requirements, operates within agreed budgets and meets capital employed targets.
• Manage the Accounting & Finance (A& F) policies and procedures in the areas of compliance with SYSCOHADA & IFRS standards and ensure compliance with tax regulations and laws
• Ensure annual statutory and compliance audits are performed by due date
• Responsible for the Company's Capital Budget, investment coordination, authority controls, analysis for investment activities and Budget release.
• Manage policies, processes and operational activities related to procurement of all categories of indirect spending
• Provide leadership in sound financial management of the company and advise management on working capital as well as guide the development of the Company's annual Plans and Budget
• Establish and continuously evaluate the risk management processes effectively and efficiently
• Identify, develop, implement, assess and monitor appropriate internal control processes, procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure that the company's financing structure is optimized in terms of short and midterm targets and ensure that the affiliate’s insurance policies are meeting legal, group and operational requirements.
• Minimize risk and maximize the value delivered to internal clients. Leading and/or facilitating cross-functional teams that use analysis of spend data, market intelligence and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) modelling
• Develop, coach, mentor and motivate the team
• Finance and/or Accounting Degree with 10 years post qualification experience
• Extensive proven experience in Oil & Gas or Commercial & Retail or Import-export Sectors
• ERP experience required – SAGE ACCPAC / SAGE 300 preferred
• French speaking with fluency in English is required (speaking and writing)
• Strong knowledge of Finance/Accounting Systems
• Financial planning skills
• Leadership skills
If you meet the above requirements, do not hesitate to apply for this role as an Accounting & Finance Manager.