Building Materials - Outside Sales Rep. (AMKBMOSR03.11.21) Madison, Connecticut
We are seeking to hire an experienced Building Materials Outside Sales Representative who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships We need somebody who is motivated, result driven, and has a Growing Book of Business. Building Materials experience is a must! You must build trust and act as a resource for current customers, as well as prospects. In addition, you will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and following up on potential leads. If you are competitive, financially motivated and want to be a part of a growing company, we want to talk to you!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Promote, sell, and secure new accounts.
- Facilitate customer product selection.
- Service existing accounts with necessary custom products, time, and information.
- Assist with product selection best suited to customer needs.
- Prepare, coordinate, and communicate price quotations, sale terms, delivery dates, and service obligations to customers/contractors.
- Estimate materials from blueprints provided by customers/contractors.
- Resolve customer complaints and issues.
- Assist in accounts receivable collection.
- Attend and participate in training, when required.
- Perform other assigned duties, responsibilities, or tasks.
Outside Sales Representatives must:
- Speak, write, and communicate effectively in the English language.
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends.
- Interpret written, oral, diagrams, and schedule-form instructions.
- Calculate figures and amounts (i.e., discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.).
- Utilize Microsoft Office products (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Contractor sales representatives:
- Work in both an indoor and outdoor setting.
- Occasionally lift/move objects up to 100 pounds, stand, and walk.
- Regularly sit, use hands, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.