Winder Engine Driver (BBBH4372) Accra, Ghana
Globe 24-7, is recruiting an experienced Winder Engineer Driver for one world class Gold Mine in Ghana who will be required to operate hoists and cage winders compliant with LI 2182.
Globe 24-7 is working to source experienced and qualified talent for one existing world class Gold Mine in Ghana.
This position reports to the Hiring leader and is accountable for operating hoists and cage winders compliant with LI2182, safely, in accordance with other compliance requirements, operational and standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe, sustainable cost-effective manner and minimize operational risks in order to meet the business’ strategic objective.
- Work according to total quality management principles & ensure zero defect objectives & safety
- Operate / Drive Winder (Man & Rock) in Compliance with LI2182 (Adansi - 3, GCS-3, BSVS-3, KMS-3, KRS-3)
- Conduct periodic audits of all Winding equipment in area of operation and report
- Identify actions for continuous improvement and that operability to requirements is ensured
- Organize information for the Senior Winder Driver to allow development of condition monitoring routes and checks for infrastructure equipment;
- Execute daily work checks on a routine scheduled basis. This include visual checks, motor current and flux data collection
- Report any anomalies to Senior Winder Driver for the generation of work requests in SAP as required for refurbishment/ maintenance planning and scheduling
- Carry out daily pre-start and/or shift handover checks and complete check sheets as required according to the established schedules and also per plant requirements.
- Complete shift short interval control sheets as required
- Monitor operating parameters on the integrated control system and take corrective action as indicated or required
- Log monitored equipment performance on asset health system and take proactive measures to register and escalate symptoms of potential failure to Senior Winder Driver
- Stop equipment from working if there exists a high risk or unsafe to be used and report to Senior Winder Driver
- Secondary Education
- An experienced Winder Driver with 5+ years’ experience in underground mining
- Winder Engine Driver's certificate of competency issued by the Chief Inspector of Mines in accordance with LI2182
- Strong Winder Operations competencies in underground mining
- Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, preferably as a Microsoft Word document.