Operations Manager (49680) Southern Sydney, Australia
|Salary:||AUD150000 - AUD155000 per annum|
Sydney (South West)
Full Time Permanent
We have been engaged by a dynamic co-educational Independent School to recruit an Operations Manager to join the Senior Leadership Team. This is a rare opportunity to take the pivotal role in a respectful, holistic environment and would offer the successful candidate a rewarding career in a reputable School. You will play the key role in providing support for various operations within the School to achieve both educational and business goals. You will have responsibility for overseeing all non-academic operations of the School including, Finance, Admin, HR, IT and Property. The role reports to the Principal and to the Board of Directors, with a main focus of ensuring the priorities of the school are met (the learning/educational and life outcomes for the students).
The ideal candidate will have a great degree of business acumen, previous experience in a role managing multiple priorities, a sound understanding of operations and most importantly an awareness and appreciation for education. This role would suit either an individual from a similar position in an educational environment or a commercial focused business/operations manager with the right attitude to thrive in an school.
- Ensuring the financial administration, strategic planning, budgets, legal, audits and taxation compliance serves the relevant legislation and the objectives of the School.
- Overseeing preparation of government reporting and ensuring accuracy of data and meeting deadlines
- Responsible for the management and supervision of the administrative and support staff, in matters of proper business practice, salary, compliance with award standards, superannuation, IT and WHS
- Assisting the Principal in the leadership and management of the financial operation of the School
- Establishing and monitoring structures and strategies to ensure the effective planning, implementation, reporting, recording and evaluation of financial processes in the school
- Keeping abreast of all regulatory requirements, including attendance at seminars and liaison with the relevant Government Bodies, and the AIS, monitoring the School’s cash flow and arranging for investment of surplus funds
- Liaising with the Principal on new and existing staff salary levels and conditions of employment in accordance with relevant Awards, and other employment contracts
- Ensuring that all staff, including teaching, administrative, external/itinerant contractors, cleaners, maintenance staff have appropriate contracts or agency agreements backed up by workers’ compensation, public risk insurance and compliance with Child Protection legislation
- Liaising with ICT Manager with respect to the purchase or lease of hardware and software needs of the School to be accommodated in current or future budgets
- Being responsible for the insurance and security of all School property and assets, including School buildings and capital works
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business Management, Accountancy or a related field
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Business and financial management experience
- Understanding of statutory and legal requirements
- Excellent literacy with relevant technologies and programmes
- Ability to liaise professionally with staff, Board, students, parents and external clients
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- This role involves occasional after hours and evening duties (both remotely and onsite).
- This position requires the successful applicant to have a Working with Children Check clearance in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012, prior to employment.