Data Analytics/Data Analyst (131221) London, England
HSBC are recruiting for Data Analytics/Data Analyst to sit within GLCM (Global Liquidity and Cash Management) - Product. The purpose of the role is to provide customer data-led analysis and insight to support GLCM's strategic objectives
Primary Responsibilities for the Data Analytics/Data Analyst will be:
- Support the business unit in maximising understanding and profitability and meeting its business objectives. Use business judgement and analytical tools in driving the best results for the business unit
- Work with IT and business owners to identify, source, validate and make available data sources from across the bank that may not be currently available to drive breadth of analysis across the team.
- Develop small scale intuitive Web based/ Desktop applications front end using MS Access, and backend with SQL Server, Oracle, and Access Database.
- Achieve through a combination of using data, analysis, brainstorming sessions and business judgment in identifying new opportunities to grow, protect and simplify.
- Take the lead in developing, maintaining and improving high quality validated strategies, while leading projects that support the goals of the team.
- Involve taking initiative in identifying gaps in data and understanding and managing a range of analytical projects from inception to delivery
- Support the Product leads by helping shape the work pipeline for their business area, contributing own ideas and deputising where appropriate e.g. working groups. Pro-active approach required and confidence to make own suggestions.
The Data Analytics/Data Analyst will have experience in:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of strong analytical reasoning, technically strong with a drive to keep on top of new analytical software trends.
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. Data-driven organisation
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. financial services, business-to-business, or other data-driven organisations
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. Quantitative degree or equivalen
- Proficient in Microsoft Access database development
- Proficiency in Microsoft EXCEL and POWERPOINT required.
- Experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. analytical tools (e.g. SAS, SQL, R
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of payment products and services is desirable but not essential
Past working experience in a relevant role, i.e. highly developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language and reflect financial impacts
- Develop business awareness to support projects across GLCM.