Heavy Diesel Working Supervisor (CRI-HVYDSL-MH) Nashville, Georgia
Job Description: Heavy Diesel Truck Technician/Working Supervisor
Tired of Winters? Come to Sunny South Florida!
Position requires a working Foreman/ Supervisor with strong computer and interpersonal skills to supervise technicians in one central location but equipment in the field at three locations. This position will require the ability to effectively diagnose and perform repairs on Solid & Liquid Waste Collection Vehicles:
Front, Rear Load, Roll Off Trucks, Pump & Vacuum Trucks, Off Road Equipment, and light duty support vehicles. Supervise up to 5 people in one location. This position could have an erratic shift due to the nature of the business and the various shifts equipment operates.
Supervises and provides direct leadership for technicians. Manages work flow and assigns tasks.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinates and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Reviews driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitors inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversees personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interprets and ensures consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: Four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Any ASE or other formal training certificates in Heavy Truck Repair, Hydraulics, Air Conditioning, Diesel Mechanics including but not limited to electronic, diagnostic, after treatment, etc.
- Experience with Cummins, Cat, Allison.
- JPro & Cummins Diagnostics.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Maintenance and repairs skills, and supervisory experience may be required
Each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, as well as a 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
This company may assist in relocation for the right candidate!
Is this the next step for you? Email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.