Branch Service Assistant (PP - ELLES) Ellesmere Port, England
Major Recruitment are working on behlaf of our client Flexitallic, a major global manufacturer and supplier of industrial gaskets, hoses and sealing products. We are looking for a branch assistant to join the team in the Ellesmere Port branch.
The successful candidate will aim to have a direct impact on sales and operations functions at the Ellesmere Port Service Centre, supporting both the customer sales and warehouse duties
The Successful candidate must be able to work as part of a small multi functional team, be flexible and offer/undertake both sales and warehouse functions.
Mon-Thur 0830-1700 / Fri 0830-1600
Salary - £22k - £24k
Key Tasks -
- Provide a point of contact for new and potential customers to the business.
- Answer customer queries, developing SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timed) working practices to handle queries more efficiently.
- Prepare quotations and provide technical advice on the Flexitallic product range to ensure that specific customer application problems are resolved.
- Be proactive in the monitoring and analysis of quotation progress, ascertaining the reason if an order is not placed.
- Process all orders in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the branch warehouse activities, including stock management and order dispatch.
- Delivery duties as required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the general public.
Key Health & Safety / Housekeeping Tasks
- Adhere to stated policies and procedures relating to health and safety, and quality management.
- Ensure that housekeeping in the customer service area and warehouse is maintained to high standards.
Key Wider Duties
- Work on key improvement projects that will benefit the service branch and enhance the service offered by Flexitallic in the market.
- Other duties within your scope which are deemed necessary by the business in order for you to effectively complete the job.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Experience / Skills – Essential
- Computer literate – Word, Excel, Outlook and Data Entry
- Communication skills: verbal (including good telephone manner) & written
- Problem solving skills
- Experience of working in a similar role would be advantageous
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Able to work alone
Educated to ‘GCSE’ level or equivalent standard
- Personal work planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Persuading and Influencing
- Meeting Customer Expectations
For more information please call us on 01925 984224