Wheel Refurbisher (WHEEL-ROCK) Corby, England
|Salary:||25 days AL + 8 BH's|
Adventurous Careers for the Driven!
Permanent, Full Time
Join our Groupe CAT UK team as we develop and build our new flagship technical centre based at Rockingham Logistics Hub in Corby, where we will be providing technical services, finished vehicle logistics, fleet and compound management services to automotive manufacturers and fleet operators.
RMS are the HR partner of Groupe CAT UK and have 15 successful years working together. We have an exciting opportunity for Wheel Refurbishers to join a newly formed team within Groupe CAT UK.
The purpose of this role is to remove damage wheels from the vehicle and prepare the wheel for painting. Once painted, the wheel is replaced back on the vehicle without any damage.
Our client’s operation operates a weekly shift rotation of 6am – 2pm & 2pm – 10pm, and can operate up to 7 days a week so flexibility with working hours is required. For insurance reasons all applicants must have a valid Driver’s Licence with less than 6 penalty points and no DR offences.
Key Responsibilities include
- Remove a wheel, following the correct processes and procedures
- Competently remove the tyre from the wheel rim
- Carry out refurbishment of alloy wheels, using factory approved products and techniques Sand down wheels
- Re-fit the wheel to the vehicle to the customer standard
- To maintain the upkeep of all Workshop tools and equipment
- At least two years’ experience within a wheel refurbishment environment
- You will also have recent knowledge of SMART repair and wheel refurb processes
- Previous experience of working in the automotive industry
- Possesses a “can do” attitude and displays flexibility in their approach to work.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Able to follow instructions verbally or from a job card
- Health & Safety Minded
- To undertake training and development to ensure knowledge is up to date with changes to technology and techniques
- Use initiative and ability to prioritise workloads is essential
- To be able to work independently but liaise effectively with colleagues and support each department
- To be familiar with the workings of other departments and the ability to multi task to support other areas throughout busy periods
This is an exciting time to join a new team as the company goes through many positive changes. We have a great relationship with our client and we strive to always maintain the highest level of service.
If you would like to be considered for this role, and feel you have the necessary skills and experience, please forward your letter of application along with a current CV to: CAT-HR@rms-recruitment.co.uk