Manager, Finance (47345) Edmonton, Canada
About the Organization
AGS has been meeting the oil and gas industry’s need for static sealing solutions and technology since 1979. We offer comprehensive gasket manufacturing, a full complement of stud and nut supplies, pipe support, and instrumentation products—along with state-of-the-art CNC laser fabrication.
About the Opportunity
AGS Flexitallic Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic Manager, Finance to join their team in Edmonton, Alberta.
In this pivotal leadership role and reporting to the VP, Finance, you will be responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare high quality financial statements and other financial information and reports;
- Assist in developing a strong product costing system, and analyze production costs with an aim to improve production efficiencies;
- Record all accounting transactions including business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts and preparing monthly financial statements;
- Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting are completed timely and accurately;
- Coordinate all activities within the Finance Department including A/P, A/R, general/special projects accounting, financial planning and reporting;
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring and regular performance support to accounting team members;
- Assist with the recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Finance personnel;
- Assist with the development of financial projection/annual budget development, and the analysis of financial data and financial audits;
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly accounting statements;
- Coordinate the development of the operating and capital budgets and assist departmental managers with their budgets;
- Monitor budgets of all programs and provide the departmental managers with regular reports;
- Complete year-end adjustments and participate in annual and other cycle audits.
Along with possession of a professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA), you have demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements. Previous experience assessing the performance of financial department employees will be essential to your success.
The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background with a strong emphasis on product costing, and analysis of production variances. You have a proven capacity to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
Demonstrated computer literacy in a range of software packages including Microsoft Office and the ability to adapt to, and learn new software is essential. Advanced proficiency with Cognos software would be highly desirable.
AGS Flexitallic Inc. is looking for an innovative leader with exceptional interpersonal skills who is able to work independently and as part of a team. If you are a highly organized manager with strong command of the English language, read on to find out what AGS Flexitallic Inc. can offer you!
About the Benefits
AGS Flexitallic Inc. strives to be an employer of choice in our marketplace. In addition to competitive base compensation, we offer:
- Comprehensive total rewards package including broad medical and insurance benefits
- Matching RRSP contribution
- Career development
- Excellent working conditions
- Discretionary rewards
Put simply, we reward excellent performance.