Multiple Positions in the Construction Industry (42825) Winnipeg Capital Region, Canada
About the Organization
Broadstreet Properties Ltd. is a leading provider of multi-family housing across Western Canada. Working hand in hand with its sister company, Seymour Pacific Developments, which designs and builds the conveniently located buildings, Broadstreet continues to search for the next perfect location to build future developments.
About the Opportunity
Due to growth, Broadstreet Properties has several openings for Area Managers, Site Managers, Leasing Agents, and Administrative Assistants in various locations including:
- Lloydminster, and
The Area Manager reports to the Regional Manager and is responsible for the performance of the personnel and all activities involved in the daily operations of physical properties.
This is a highly responsible position, requiring administrative skill, significant knowledge of RTB regulations and dispute processes as well as staff management, emergency coordination, corporate and tenant confidentiality, and conflict resolution.
More specifically, you will:
- Rent suites and collect rents;
- Respond to rental inquires, show the suites, take applications as necessary;
- Direct schedules and coordinate activities of Community Care Representatives and cleaning staff on site as appropriate;
- Input work orders into Property Boss;
- Respond to escalated tenant concerns in a courteous, professional and expedient manner;
- Document tenant issues within tenant files and represent Broadstreet at RTB hearings;
- Ensures all rents are collected, recorded and deposited properly and in a timely fashion;
- Perform move in and move out inspections;
- Conducts daily site inspections to ensure interior and exterior of buildings are clean, safe and up to company standards; and
- Ensure offices, building, and pathways are adequately maintained.
- Manage staff including HR activities, and ensuring company policies are followed; and
- Compile and send regular reports.
To apply, you will need 2 years of relevant experiencealong with the ability to operate standard office equipment (phone, photocopier, etc.) and software (email, internet, record keeping, etc.). In addition, knowledge of office communication practices like formatting letters and running reports will be an asset.
The ideal candidate has the ability to type at a speed of 50 wpm , and it is essential that you have training and/or knowledge of Residential Tenancy Branch regulations. The ideal candidate will be able to set priorities, work independently, and effectively handle conflict.
Part of the responsibilities of this role is providing superior customer service to our clients, and as such, you must be willing to work overtime hours, holidays, and weekends as required for emergency response or move in and move outs.
Reporting to the Regional Rent up Coordinator and /or Regional Manager, the Leasing Agent will be responsible for performing leasing functions to maintain the occupancy goals set by the company and client.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
Analyzing the market and competition and oversee the marketing activities accordingly;
- Handle phone calls and office visits from prospective residents;
- Maintain occupancy goals that meet or exceed the client’s expectations;
- Ensure that all local/state/federal fair housing guidelines are followed;
- Ensure that all marketing and collateral materials are accurate and professional;
- Prepare required marketing reports;
- Prepare/process paperwork for applicants and new residents according to the established resident selection criteria;
- Collect initial payments made by applicants and new residents;
- Complete necessary paperwork for re-rentals;
- Assist with the organization and implementation of on-site social activities for residents;
- Maintain the presentation of the office, clubhouse, recreational facilities, models, market ready vacancies and grounds;
- Communicate regularly with the maintenance staff on the scheduling/status of vacant unit rehabilitation; and
- Provide quality, professional service to the residents at all times.
You will need two years of related experience to apply, and it will be an asset if you have RTB courses or sales training.
We are looking for someone with selling skills and sound knowledge of modern office procedures and practices. You are a tech-savvy individual, and are skilled at using the internet and email.
You can work without supervision and you are a superstar when it comes to establishing priorities and problem solving. Because you will be liaising with various stakeholders, you must have highly developed communication skills and be able to demonstrate a high degree of enthusiasm.
The Site Manager will report directly to the Area Manager and will act as the public face of Broadstreet. The Site Manager is responsible for keeping Broadstreet Properties’ premises well-maintained, secure, and clean.
On a regular basis, you can expect to:
- Clean common areas and apartments prior to occupancy;
- Complete minor maintenance and decorating;
- Conduct move in and move out meetings, providing appropriate documentation;
- Assist with the leasing of residential units, including showing available suites;
- Administer leasing applications;
- Collect rent as assigned by the Area Manager;
- Maintain the grounds;
- Respond to emergency situations;
- Follows all rules of RTB in dealing with tenants and accessing suites;
- Perform annual suite inspections;
- Prepare and deliver bank deposits
- Complete administrative duties, including processing;
- Ensure contractors arrive as per scheduled timelines and complete work as agreed; and
- Ensure snow is removed as required.
The Site Manager will need at least 2 years of related experience, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, you will need the following:
- Broad knowledge of hand tools, repair equipment, carpentry, mechanical and electrical issues and repairs;
- Must be in good physical condition with mobility and flexibility to use ladders and access work in confined spaces; and
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
In the interest of providing superior customer service, you are able to work extended hours, holidays, and weekends when required for move outs and emergencies. A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract is essential.
As you maintain the grounds, you must be able to pinpoint areas of potential danger. You enjoy prioritizing your time and you always follow procedures concerning Residential Tenancy Branch regulations. You will be skilled at using the internet and you have excellent judgment.
Administrative Assistant – Regional Receptionist
Reporting to the Regional Manager and Regional Assistant Manager, you will provide superior administrative support as well as organize and coordinate all activities of the management team.
On a regular basis, you will:
- Support the administrative needs of management to ensure that accurate letters, documents and other various materials are produced with high-quality standards and within established time frames;
- Provide assistance in preparing and monitoring department budgets to ensure accurate and timely information is submitted to management;
- Providing administrative support to all departments;
- Prepare, receive, redirect and distribute various forms of correspondence and mail, including confidential materials, in a professional and expedient manner;
- Set up and maintain accurate files and records;
- Assist with department reports, projects, presentations and the preparation of material, compiling statistical information and performing reconciliations;
- Generate copies of printed materials and proof for quality and consistency;
- Use various software and visual aids to produce accurate documents, presentations, charts and graphics while handling confidential materials discretely;
- Schedule, prioritize and maintain appointments, calendars, meetings, travel arrangements and various other activities on behalf of your manager;
- Complete and submit expense reports within established timeframe;
- Assist in automating department budgets;
- Prepare, monitor and ensure compliance with various company budgets and operating standards;
- Data research, collection, input, processing and reporting;
- Review, process and forward departmental invoices for approval;
- Maintaining, purchasing and ordering inventory;
- Greeting visitors and co-workers, screening incoming calls, scheduling appointments;
- Accurately edit documents and correspondence;
A minimum of 3 years of secretarial experience is required, and you will need extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and computers in general. As a seasoned professional, you can type 75 wpm, and you have no problem using standard office equipment and telephone systems. You must also be able to obtain security clearance.
You are a flexible professional who is an expert at maintaining a professional demeanor over the phone and in person. Along with your adaptable interpersonal skills, you will be a good fit if you display an eagerness to learn.
About the Benefits
Broadstreet Properties is a great place to work! In exchange for all your hard work, you will be rewarded withhighly competitive wages, plus a wide array of benefits, including:
- Medical and Dental;
- Yearly fitness benefit program;
- Company social events like Summer BBQs and holiday parties;
- Possibility of earning “rental incentives”;
- AND MORE!
The company seeks to recruit driven, passionate staff, and aims to keep them! Upon joining the company, you will appreciate the opportunity for growth and career development within our group of companies. You can also look forward to joining an inclusive team that values your suggestions and is led by a dedicated management team.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a growing company with endless possibilities – Apply Now!