2nd Class Power Engineer (44707) Medicine Hat, Canada
About the Organization
Methanex is the world's largest supplier of methanol to major international markets in North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America. Methanol can be found in products from windshield washer fluid to recyclable plastic bottles, plywood floors to paint, silicone sealants to synthetic fibres. The energy sector is one of the most rapidly growing markets for the use of Methanol and greatly relies on the expertise and commitment of Methanex as their trusted supplier.
About the Opportunity
As a pivotal member of the site Operations team, you will be responsible for controlling the operation of the plant from the main control room. This will involve supporting shift supervisors, as well as mentoring panel operators and field operators, in the areas of training and operations team development.
You will also:
- Operate the control system and related instrumentation to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the plant;
- Mentor Panel Operators and Field Operators to ensure appropriate training is completed to facilitate progression within the team; and
- Support Shift Supervisors in the areas of safety, team development, training, emergency response and shift coverage.
This an excellent opportunity for an strong communicator who is Certified as a 2nd Class Power Engineer. To qualify, you must also be an experienced Panel Operator, with supervisory experience.
The perfect candidate will join Methanex with experience in a conventional methanol or ammonia plant setting, or other relevant petrochemical experience.
It is essential to this role that you have shift supervisory experience. As a proven leader, you will have previous experience coaching and mentoring employees, completing employee performance appraisals, and supporting training, development and career planning activities for employees.
The following would be considered assets:
- Experience with Foster Wheeler reformers and/or Honeywell DCS;
- Expertise in Operating Procedures and Processes and/or Work Permit and Hazard ID Processes.
Above all you possess extensive operating experience, and the ability to communicate that experience to a multi-faceted team. You will be relied upon to remain calm in various situations while positively influencing others. The capacity to identify potential and existing issues within the department, and work with the team to resolve those issues is crucial.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you can expect an industry competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental plan!
- 4 weeks paid vacation, plus opportunities to gain an extra 100 hours of paid time off each year!
- Incentive bonus plan!
- Assistance in obtaining your 1st Class Power Engineering Certification!
- Pension Plan and optional Share Purchasing Plan!
- Monthly social events!
- Relocation assistance for outstanding candidates!
Building on the core values of integrity, trust, respect and professionalism, Methanex's corporate cultureencourages communication and teamwork and rewards employees for creativity and innovation.
Methanex is very active in supporting educational and training/development initiatives, and sponsors scholarships and co-op programs at local colleges and universities as well as hands-on training programs at all its manufacturing facilities.
Join this thriving team focused market-leader today and expand your experience with a new challenge - Apply Now!