Executive Chef (41413) Red Deer, Canada
Our client, a premier retirement residence in Red Deer, is seeking an experienced Executive Chef to join its team.
Within this pivotal position, you will ensure the production of high quality food as well as manage and lead the food services team.
Your key duties will include;
- Participating in budget control through monitoring food and supply costs and minimizing waste;
- Developing menus, standardized recipes to ensure consistency and quality of food;
- Ensuring that all policies relating to Health and Safety are adhered to;
- Hiring, orientating and scheduling all food service Team Members;
- Overseeing and ensuring that all aspects of the performance management and discipline processes are in keeping with company policies and legal requirements; and
- Acting as food services liaison with all other departments within the company.
The successful candidate will hold a Level "Cook 1" Certificate or higher, coupled with a minimum of three years experience in fine dining cuisine preparation and presentation, ideally in a retirement or residential setting.
You will be a passionate, driven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a sound knowledge of nutritional standards and requirements.
Sound financial management and budget development skills are essential, as are strong computer skills.
Required certificates and training include:
- Certificate – Food Service Worker Program, as approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities OR Diploma – Cook/Chef course from an established college;
- Certificate – Food Safety Awareness Program, as approved by Public Health;
- WHMIS Certificate OR willingness to obtain;
- First Aid OR willingness to obtain; and
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety procedures.
You will be a passionate, driven leader with excellent interpersonal skills and a sound knowledge of nutritional standards and requirements for Seniors.
If you are a creative, empathetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced working environment where your problem solving and critical thinking skills are utilised, this is could be the role for you!
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with anattractive salary, commensurate with your skills and experience. In addition, our client offers its employees the following fantastic benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug plan is available
- Registered Pension Plan, 4% employer matched
- Three weeks paid vacation
You will enjoy being part of a supportive team with a great group of staff who are always willing to help.
To find out more and to apply, please visit: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/41413