General Practitioner (44152TO) Toronto, Canada
About The Noojmowin Teg Health Centre
The Noojmowin Teg Health Access Centre is one of ten Aboriginal Health Access Centres found across Ontario. Noojmowin Teg is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Ministry of Children and Youth Services, Ministry of Health Promotion and Sport, North East Local Health Integration Network.
This is an excellent and rewarding opportunity to work within an aboriginal community-based primary health care environment that is committed to wholistic and comprehensive care.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique work experience for a physician who is interested in becoming a key member of a team that addresses the health care issues of First Nation and aboriginal populations.
To qualify, you must have a relevant Medical Degree and be licensed to practice from the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons. Experience or interest in working in a community primary health care setting is essential, as is knowledge of health issues affecting Anishinabek people.
You are sensitive to, and have knowledge of Anishinabek cultural values and traditions, and have the ability to work in an electronic medical record (e-MR) environment, as well as travel to multiple health care clinics.
About the Benefits
The successful applicant will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary package and full benefits!
In addition, you can look forward to the following perks:
- Technology Amenities (ie. Laptop, electronic medical record system, Ontario Telehealth Network, etc);
- Health Benefits - 100% Employer Paid for;
- HOOPP pension;
- Relocation Expenses are Negotiable;
- Competitive Vacation;
- Professional Association Fees Reimbursed;
- Close to Urban Centres and Amenities (1/2 hour);
- Professional Development Days and Budget (life-long learning is a priority);
- Access to Regular Cultural and Traditional teachings of the Ojibwe People;
- Support and Consultation with Other Primary Health Care Professionals;
- Team Building Opportunities: (ie. Christmas Gathering, Annual General Meeting, Big Bike Event, Strategic Planning, etc);
- Quality Improvement Initiatives ( ie. Monthly Staff and Program Meetings; working with area Family Health Teams and First Nation nurses);
- Travel to Clinics is Reimbursed.
Take on this challenging role and finish each day knowing you have truly made a difference in the lives of others, Apply Now!