Executive Assistant / Office Manager (41914) Yellowknife, Canada
About Healing Drum Society
The Healing Drum Society is part of the larger network of agencies responding to survivors and their families across Canada who wish to heal from the abuses and trauma originating from the residential school system experience in the Northwest Territories.
About the Northwest Territories
With a population of just under 20,000, Yellowknife is the capital and largest city of the Northwest Territories (NWT). Set in the wondrous natural surroundings of Great Slave Lake, Yellowknife, Diamond Capital of North America™ is a remarkably modern city – a city where you can experience rustic nature and traditional culture without forgoing urban amenities.
Whether you are driving on an ice road; dancing under the aurora borealis; enjoying a dogsled ride; golfing under the midnight sun; fishing for world class trophies; or watching the creation of a brilliant northern diamond, we know you'll enjoy the character of the city and feel the warmth of Northern hospitality!
About the Opportunity
Currently, the Healing Drum Society is hiring a professional, full time Executive Assistant / Office Manager in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing confidential day-to-day administrative support to the Executive Director, senior staff members and the Board of Directors. You will also be responsible for prioritizing your workload to ensure the Healing Drum Society’s objectives and deadlines are met.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Responding to general inquiries;
- Drafting and distributing correspondence and other documents;
- Assisting with preparation of grant applications;
- Scheduling appointments, arranging meetings, and reserving/preparing facilities;
- Recording minutes at meetings and preparing requested material;
- Organizing and maintaining a file system;
- Event planning;
- Arranging and coordinating travel schedules and reservations;
- Monitoring budgets and assisting with financial transactions;
- Basic bookkeeping, including preparation of cheques, payment of invoices, and preparing expense reports;
- Ensuring the timely completion of presentation materials; and
- Maintaining client related databases.
Please apply if you have the following qualifications and requirements:
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, databases and the Internet;
- Accurate typing skills with a minimum of 50 wpm;
- Knowledge of file management systems;
- Must provide a Criminal Record Check;
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License;
- Knowledge of Aboriginal history and culture; and
- Knowledge of an Aboriginal language (asset).
We want to speak with you if you are an expert planner and are a stickler for organization and planning. You thrive when you prioritize your workload, love the rush of multi-tasking, and can work with minimal supervision.
With your excellent written and verbal communication skills, you approach all situations with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality on all work related issues. You are a positive individual with a great attitude, and can take the initiative when the need arises. You will have superior interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a strong customer-service oriented work ethic with the proven ability to work well under pressure.
On occasion, you will be requested to work overtime as required during unforeseen circumstances. Previous experience working directly with Boards of Directors will be an asset.
About the Benefits
This is your chance to make a lasting difference in the lives of men in the community who use abuse in their relationships.
In exchange for your dedication and commitment on the job, we are offering a highly competitive salary between $60,000 and $69,000, based on experience.
In addition, you won’t have to worry about relocation, as assistance will be available to a candidate with the correct set of qualifications, and experience!
If you’re looking to join an employer whose sole purpose is to make a true difference in the community, then this is the role for you – Apply Now!