Planning & Development Officer (53258) Drayton Valley, Canada
About Brazeau County
Welcome to Brazeau County, the heart of west-central Alberta! A land where industry and commerce join forces with outdoor recreation adventures and western culture, creating a vibrant and growing community.
Welcome Home is the motto for Brazeau County and we mean it! Brazeau County is a fantastic place to make your home, with a vibrant economy, beautiful countryside, excellent recreational opportunities, friendly people and a great location.
About the Opportunity
Brazeau County is currently seeking an experienced Planning and Development Officer, to join their team in Drayton Valley, AB.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning and Development, you will provide land use planning and land development services to County residents. This will involve receiving, analyzing, and processing residential, commercial and industrial development permit applications, subdivision applications and Land Use Amendment applications.
You will also:
- Receive, review, and process Compliance Certificate and File Search requests;
- Conduct site inspections for applications;
- Perform tasks required relative to the enforcement of the Land Use Bylaw and follow-up on compliance with Development Permit conditions;
- Promote public awareness of the Land Use Bylaw;
- Provide advice, guidance, and administrative services to the general public, other departments and agencies, the Municipal Planning Commission, and the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board;
- Research and prepare reports, background studies, and presentation materials;
- Participate in the development and revision of Bylaws, policies and development agreements.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has a diploma in Planning and/or a combination of experience preferably in an urban municipal planning environment. Completion of the Applied Land Use Planning Certificate would be considered an asset.
Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to work independently, managing multiple projects in a deadline oriented environment. Key to your success will be the ability to exercise independents judgement within established guidelines and work effectively within a team environment.
You must be able to interpret the County’s Land Use Bylaw, statutory plans, the Municipal Government Act and other provincial legislation, and be willing to pursue further education.
You have impeccable customer service skills and you are an outstanding communicator. Above all, you are an approachable and positive individual who is able to problem solve.
A Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s abstract is required, as is proficiency using MS Office applications.
Please Note: You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply.
About the Benefits
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary of $65,495 - $87,328 annually. In addition you will also receive an extensive range of benefits, including:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits (100% paid by employer);
- Pension Plan (employer contributes 1% more than employee);
- 3 Weeks Paid Vacation (to start);
- Relocation Assistance on offer for the right candidate;
- Professional Development costs covered for approved courses;
- Enjoy a Healthy Work/Life Balance with an 8am-5pm workday;
- Flex Day Program (paid day off every 3 weeks); and
- 2 Wellness Programs - $300 reimbursement annually and free access to community gym facilities!
Plus, you can look forward to joining a close-knit, family-oriented organization that offers a friendly, inclusive environment. Currently the County has a 1% vacancy rate in terms of housing. However there are several Hamlets and a Village available.
Don't miss this chance to take on a pivotal role within an innovative organization that prides itself on its collaborative team work and supportive working environment - Apply Now!