Cognos Developer Job Descript ... more
Cognos Developer Job Description:
1. Report Development Generating reports and information for supported departments (Sales and Marketing, HQ, all brands, all countries). Development of COGNOS reports for supported departments accurately and within estimated development times. Responsible for gathering business requirements and creation of scope documents as well as developing report. For supported departments, utilization of Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Transformer, and Cognos Powerplay Studio. Convert reports from Cognos Impromptu, PowerPlay, Access, SQL, Excel, or VBA to develop new reports in Cognos 8, update existing reports, and provide ad hoc support within the BICC environment. Work with the assigned business analyst to identify data availability and development issues with the report project prior to scope creation. Assess prepared scope statement and provide estimated effort estimation of effort (in hours). Update scope statement as necessary during report development. Document report and reporting elements for governance process. Work with IT to publish resports to the COGNOS website.
2. Production Reporting Create daily, weekly, or monthly reports according to delivery schedule. Reports must be accurate and within scheduled due dates.
3. Production Support Resolve production ssues for existing reports. Utilize COGNOS Report Studio, PowerPlay, Access, SQL , EXCEL, or VBA to trouble shoot, modify or enhance existing production reports. Reports must be accurate and within scheduled due dates.
4. Support BI Team as requested with special initiatives/projects.
5. Provide external support/extracts when necessary (including vendors, and brand partners).
6. Work with Data Warehouse team as needed to define new data warehouse tables needed for reporting, including gathering requirements, documenting requirements, and user acceptance Skills:
Cognos 8.4.1 Cognos Transformer Cognos Powerplay Cognos Metric Studio Microsoft Access Cognos 10 (preferred) SQL
Ready to Take Ownership of your Career? Apply Now!