Business Development Manager (PCK477-13187) Calgary, Canada
|LR Energy Canada will task an experienced Business Development / Sales Manager to specifically develop and execute a focused client relationship management plan to protect and grow existing revenue and also to fulfill the role of key account manager for major Projects in Canada.
|1. To carry out client facing sales activities in order to retain and grow business in line with Energy Americas’ strategic and financial objectives including:
• ensuring client relationship management is promoted and maintained
• ensuring client penetration is achieved through selling our full range of professional services
• ensuring new and large major projects are identified and won
• support customer relationship building through the provision of client intelligence
• support and represent Lloyd’s Register at client and industry events
• use CRM system database (SalesForce) to generate sales pipeline and reports
• own or contribute to “Blue Sheets” associated with large opportunities and key clients to ensure progress,
• feedback and advise on the tendering stages for go/no-go bids
2. Jointly with the responsible Regional and Business Manager, manage the complete sales cycle in the case of (large) “new build”, maintenance and retrofit opportunities including:
• Identification of opportunity
• Early decision whether or not to pursue the opportunity
• Blue-sheet formulation
• Definition of our value proposition
• Pro-active management of relationship(s) with the client and their expectations, using a multi-level approach if and when applicable
• Building up of proposal (technical and commercial)
• Bid/no-bid decision, including supporting any IAP submission
3. Maintain an overview of large investment and maintenance projects/opportunities in Canada and a sales pipeline of these opportunities:
• using SalesForce,
• including monthly reporting on sales pipe-line and
• providing input to regional/area/country Business Plans and sector strategic plans
4. Maintain excellent internal relationships with all key players that relate major projects and particularly:
• Maintenance and HSE managers in the target client organizations.
• Internal competence and delivery managers.
• Bids & Proposals team
|In order to be considered for this role, applicants should have:
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree with exposure to maintenance and asset integrity requirements in an operating facility or 10+ years of experience working in the upstream and downstream oil and gas industry.
- Have a detailed knowledge & experience within the Canadian Oil and Gas market sector including 10+ years business development and sales experience.
- Experience in Western Canadian Oil and Gas industry – specifically: successful sales experience selling to the Oil and Gas operating companies.
- Experience and knowledge in Asset Integrity – pressure vessels, piping, pipelines, etc.
- Time-based and risk-based inspection experience is an advantage.
- High competence in diagnostic/ solution selling.
Key attributes should include:
• A natural desire and drive to be externally focused
• Ability to identify new client and business opportunities including cold calling
• Ability to develop and maintain new client relationships
• Existing network of relationships particularly within Oil and Gas operators
• Ability to penetrate and diversify service offering within existing clients
• Strong commercial awareness based on the analysis and interpretation of financial and non-financial information
• Good general knowledge of sector specific and industry wide business issues
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Confident presenter
• Good listening skills
• Team player
Lloyd’s Register is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law.
If the above opportunity interests you and matches your background, please follow the instructiosn to apply.