Maintenance Foreman (123) Torrance, California
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 61 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and has built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
The Maintenance Foreman will perform the duties of the Maintenance Supervisor in their absence. Perform planned work on machines and carrying out preventative maintenance to activities for the building and equipment to keep all the production lines in operation.
• Responds to breakdown trouble calls and bring machines back to their proper running state. This includes troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems related to electrical and mechanical equipment or process failures.
• Receive work from shift supervisor or manager.
• Cooperate and collaborate with operations personnel to ensure efficient production and minimize downtime.
• Complete assigned scheduled Preventative Maintenance (PM) work on industrial bakery associated machines.
• Dismantle, repair and re-assemble gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all bakery mechanical equipment.
• Read and understand electrical schematics/ mechanical blueprints.
• Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all incidents in a timely manner.
• Complies with Federal, State, City and A.I.B. Health and Safety Standards, including OSHA (State and/or Federal) and Hazardous Material regulation, in keeping with the work process and chemical inventory by location.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• Five years experience as an industrial manufacturing maintenance mechanic
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and air compressed systems
• High school diploma or GED; some college preferred
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals written in English
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English
• Ability to speak effectively before groups or employees. Spanish comprehension preferred
• Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.