Parts Supervisor (131) Torrance, California
Are you a knowledgeable Parts Supervisor?
We are looking for a knowledgeable Parts Supervisor for an efficient food manufacturing company.
If you are the right person for the job, you’ll join a group who never loses sight of producing irresistible product every day. You will maintain and improve our parts room and will have responsibility for the internal processes involved in negotiating and purchasing parts, as well as managing vendor relationships. You’ll have a measurable impact on the business and you will have a blast doing it. Are you that person we seek?
We deliver irresistible food and aloha spirit everywhere, everyday. That makes this a fun place to work. Maintenance plays a key role in reaching this vision and as the Parts Supervisor, you will have a direct impact on those results.
Are knowledgeable in store room practices
Are results-oriented with a sense of urgency
Are an efficient and driven Parts Supervisor
Are detail oriented with the passion for working to improve efficiencies, effectiveness and organization
Are looking for excitement in a fast paced manufacturing environment
Are happy but with the right opportunity could be happier
Want more excitement, challenge and reward for your efforts
Want to be part of a dynamic team, that is really more like family
Then you might be the person we’re looking for! In this newly developed position, you will work closely with your Maintenance `Ohana (family) and with the Maintenance Manager. You must be "promotable" and be able to take on more responsibility. Ultimately, we want you to grow with us! This job is not about putting in time; it’s about creating the most effective and efficient parts room as well as implementing an efficient requisition, tracking and inventory system. You will have a significant impact on the growth of our business. The successful candidate will be career driven, goal oriented and passionate about their career and committed to making a contribution to the team.
Energize your career. Send us your resume and start feeling great about what you do.
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 63 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and recently built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
PARTS SUPERVISOR, CA
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Parts Supervisor provides an accurate and organized store room, allowing minimization of downtime and improvement of cost efficiency. The Parts Supervisor will stock levels as established by pricing and reordering as needed for our two CA manufacturing facilities.
• Order and issue requisitions for the purchase of parts and supplies.
• Verify and complete purchase orders.
• Receive parts, verify invoices and enter in data processing system.
• Identify, label and shelve parts and supplies.
• Issue parts and supplies to mechanics, record on work orders, and enter in data processing
• Maintain the parts room in a clean, safe and orderly manner.
• Use positive, effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Perform other incidental tasks consistent with goals and objectives of this position.
• Identify & implement min / Max levels for all parts
• Perform annual Slow-Moving Parts review
• Implement procurement strategy and policies.
• Forecast procurement needs.
• Create and implement KPI’s.
• Continually develop expertise to support growth for new projects.
• Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers.
• Identify and develop training opportunities.
• Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved. Review quotations.
• Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
• Maintain procurement files.
• Track Purchasing activity and measurements.
• Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action.
• Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for safety.
• Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
• Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for products.
• Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications.
• Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase of new food products.
• Help to lower the cost and secure agreements.
• Liaise with Accounts Payable Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• 2-5 years of Parts Room and Inventory Management experience.
• General knowledge of equipment maintenance.
• Working knowledge of CMMS.
• Able to multi-task, work effectively as a team player, have a strong work ethic and detail orientation.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel & Word, 10-key a plus
• Flexibility and ability to complete various tasks as assigned on occasion.
• Strong acclimation to company values and culture
Note: This Position Description indicates the critical features of the role as they are presently envisioned. They are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or other reasons. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
We Participate in e-Verify