Maintenance Supervisor 3rd shift (129) Torrance, California
Are you a Maintenance Team Leader?
We are looking for a Maintenance Team Leader for a brand that never loses sight of their brand promise. Want to work for a company where you have willing and able maintenance staff to fulfill production demands? Want to be an active contributor in the partnership between quality, production and maintenance?
If you are the right person for the job, you will continue to develop and coach your mechanics, and manage costs and efficiencies to ensure that we have a high percentage of up time. You’ll have a measurable impact on the business and you will have a blast doing it.
We deliver irresistible food and aloha spirit everywhere, everyday..that’s what our maintenance team is all about. That makes this a fun and dynamic place to work.
If you are:
Just as passionate about supervising mechanics as you are working with your hands?
Results-oriented with a sense of urgency
Driven to have machines operate at the highest efficiency possible
Detail oriented with the passion for analyzing and interpreting industry data, journals,
technical procedures and governmental regulation.
Looking for excitement in a fast paced growth environment
Driven to be the best you can and looking to grow internally
In a great job but would like to jump-start your career
Are happy but with the right opportunity could be happier
Want more excitement, challenge and reward for your efforts
Want to be part of a dynamic team, that is really more like family
Then you might be the person we’re looking for. Energize your career. Send us your resume and start feeling great about what you do.
Robert Taira founded King’s Hawaiian in Hilo Hawaii 63 years ago and, after capturing the lion’s share of the bakery business on the big island, moved the business to Honolulu in the 60’s. There, King’s Hawaiian became not only the largest bakery business and a successful restaurant, but also the largest customer in Hawaii of the US Postal Service due to the huge mail order business from stateside consumers who craved the Original Sweet Bread. To realize the next vision in his plan, Robert moved the business to Torrance, CA in the early 70’s where it resides today with two restaurants and two bakery plants including one of the most modern in the industry. King’s Hawaiian is continuing to grow and recently built a new bakery facility near Atlanta GA that went live in October 2011. The company, which is still 100% family owned, is now led by Robert’s son Mark who serves as CEO and continues the family’s long time commitment to irresistible quality and behavioral values that make King’s Hawaiian a great place to work.
Mission Statement: We deliver irresistible Hawaiian foods and Aloha Spirit that families love everywhere everyday.
Core Values: Excellence / Dignity / Telling it like it is, in a way that can be heard
**This is a 3rd shift (graveyard) opportunity**
To supervise maintenance personnel and coordinate maintenance activities for the building and equipment to keep all the production lines in operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Responsible for keeping all the process and building equipment in operating condition to minimize downtime and ensure efficient production.
2. Supervises shift maintenance employees.
3. Collaborates with Operations personnel to ensure efficient production and minimize downtime. Helps in developing and improving preventive maintenance programs.
4. Manages spare parts inventory within budget and operational guidelines.
5. Ensures that maintenance work is properly planned and scheduled.
6. Evaluates the Preventive Maintenance effectiveness by analyzing maintenance costs and equipment downtime.
7. Develops and executes plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
8. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
9. Confers with outside contractors to obtain service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
10. Audits the chemical storage policy and procedures to ensure proper labeling and storage.
11. Performs maintenance and repairs as needed.
12. Enforces Federal, State, City and A.I.B. Health and Safety Standards, including OSHA (State and/or Federal) and Hazardous Material regulation, in keeping with the work process and chemical inventory by location.
13. Promotes safety in the work area by understanding and complying with safety procedures and reporting all accidents in a timely manner. Ensures that maintenance personnel comply with all company policies, and enforces the safety program.
14. Promotes our company values of “Dignity, Excellence, and Telling it like it is in a way that can be heard” through your actions and by educating the staff about our values.
Directly supervises all maintenance personnel in the maintenance department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems. Responsible for succession planning within the department, and developing the skills and experience in the department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This individual must be safety conscience. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Minimum five years supervisory & maintenance experience.
• Programming and diagnostics on Rockwell’s PLC platform.
• Must have the knowledge and skills to use a computerized maintenance management system.
• Thorough working/hands-on knowledge of electrical and mechanical as it applies to industrial maintenance.
• Possess the ability to read and interpret wiring and architectural drawings.
• Basic Microsoft Windows applications.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English. Ability to write routine reports and correspond in English. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees. Spanish comprehension is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license required.
Will maintain CPR and AED certification (Company will provide periodic recertification training).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Duties may require use of equipment in machine shop, small portable equipment and manual tools. Duties may require occasional operation of a motor vehicle or travel to another state on behalf of the company.
This position is scheduled to work on a shift basis. May also be scheduled to work all shifts. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.