Senior Claims Manager (7128BR) Cleveland, Ohio
The Life & Annuity Claims management team is looking for an experienced Senior Claims Manager to join their team. The role is located in Cleveland, but will report to senior management in New York. This officer level role will be responsible for providing leadership and expert oversight to NYL’s life, annuity and waiver claims, as well as provide management guidance and direction to a team of managers and claims reps in a call center environment.
• Direct oversight of senior claims analysts and managers.
• Responsible for achieving all service level standards set by management while being focused on operational excellence.
• Involved in establishing the strategic direction of the claims team including coaching, training, quality control, staffing and recruiting.
• Directly manage the execution of initiatives and strategies that deliver a superior customer experience.
• Is accountable for the performance and results of the team.
• Provides guidance to employees, internal and external customers and/or colleagues, including senior management in achieving targets and strategic plans.
• Reviews and adjudicates complex claims.
• Works closely with the Claims Senior Management team. Interacts directly with Agents, Field Office Senior Management, Underwriting, Technology and Office of the General Counsel.
• Coordinates responses to Chairman, Executive Officer, beneficiaries, agents and attorneys.
• Meets regularly with the NYL Senior Leadership Team to discuss strategic issues, project prioritization and staff development.
• Identifies and resolves moderately complex problems within claims.
• Minimum of 10 years Life Claims or Life Insurance Operations experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Requires advanced understanding of practices and procedures in Life Claims or Life Insurance Operations and basic knowledge in other disciplines.
• A proven background in a leadership role with experience managing and developing a team
• Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize
• Ability to deal effectively and successfully with senior management
• Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation skills.