Associate - Media & Sponsorships (7776BR) New York, New York
Function: Supports CVP, Media & Sponsorships on all corporate media & sponsorship initiatives: helps evaluate and implement media plan recommendations and performance, tracks advertising budgets, monitors media estimates and billing, communicates advertising schedules to internal stakeholders, assists with sponsorship management. Emphasis will be on contributing to the media plan development for digital and print advertising collaborating with media agency to develop recommended plans. Person will also play a supporting role managing the Co-op advertising program, disaster advertising and coordinating advertising initiatives with internal business units.
1. Contribute to the development and management of the media plans for online and print advertising: Coordinate externally with TargetCast (media AOR) to develop recommendations, and collaborate internally with the Branding and Advertising, Internet Analytics, and Social Media Team teams to optimize campaign results. Meet with outside media vendors to learn about and raise new opportunities.
2. Act as Branding & Advertising Team Liaison for internal business clients (Target Markets, Insurance Group, and Investments Group) to support their respective advertising initiatives and coordinate these campaigns so they are aligned with the Corporate Ad Campaign. Participate in advertising strategy meetings, provide feedback and suggestions that will help improve campaign performance. Facilitate solid working relationship between the ad Team and Business Units.
3. Support CVP-Media & Sponsorships on sponsorship strategy, coordinating/processing vendor contracts & deal negotiations for initiatives that support the brand and deliver on key company initiatives. Serve as the liaison with Agency Marketing helping to coordinate required brand assets and related resources for local and national sponsorships.
4. Support CVP, Media & Sponsorships on all corporate media & sponsorship initiatives; this includes involvement with annual media plan strategy and assisting with a variety of ad-hoc projects including: responding to media vendors, handling questions from The Field (Sales Agents), evaluating media opportunities.
5. Monitor and track the corporate advertising media budget; review budget allocation and produce monthly budget reports; monitor media and research billing, agency contract fees and other advertising related expenses
6. Participate as a team member in the development of the Co-op program platform, coordinating internally with the Advertising, Internet, and Insurance Group teams on vendor selection and new platform integration. Also responsible for managing the co-op advertising reimbursement process ensuring that all requirements are satisfied prior to approving expenses.
7. Lead print plan strategy, working with our media and creative agencies to align New York Life’s print advertising strategy with the online/digital media plan.
8. Oversee the internal communication of the advertising schedule so that opportunities can be leveraged/maximized across multiple channels; and will be responsible for Disaster Advertising program and business contingency planning for the ad team, including monitoring disaster and recommending appropriate ads and cities where ads should appear.
- Bachelor’s Degree, prefer Marketing Communications
- 2-4 years experience at an advertising agency or client-side advertising department
- Knowledge of media planning & buying, on-line advertising, sponsorship management and activation.
- Strong interpersonal, communications, writing, and presentation skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Self-motivated and able to contribute individually as well as part of a team.
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).