Senior Compensation Manager (7400BR) New York, New York
Experienced professional with a proven track record designing, implementing, and communicating broad‐based compensation programs (below Executive level).
Position reports to a Vice President‐Compensation and must be comfortable working in a matrixed environment supporting multiple business areas in the financial services industry.
Position will have a high degree of visibility working with HR Business Partners, Talent
Acquisition Leads and business executives and is expected to be strategic and proactive
consulting to its internal clients. The position will be responsible for leading projects and indirectly managing and mentoring analysts on the compensation team. All team members also participate in compensation administration for client groups supported.
• Leads compensation design projects to support business strategies (design may include, salary structure development, bonus design, assisting with sales comp design, or determining special comp arrangements)
• Leads competitive compensation analysis for groups supported
• Evaluates jobs and flsa status; provides counsel on compensation offers
• Collaborates with HRBPs to supports year‐end administrative process
• Proactively reviews market trends and ongoing effectiveness of programs and practices
• Ensures compliance with laws and governance
• Assists in developing communication materials and implementing compensation programs
Work closely with the Compensation and HR Leadership team in establishing and implementing relevant policies,
procedures, and guidelines.
• Serves on relevant industry committees and professional organizations, develops industry
contacts, and otherwise represents the company in a senior representative capacity on relevant
• The successful candidate will be someone who approaches the position with a value‐added
business perspective. This person must be able to speak the language of senior management,
human resources, and his/her colleagues in tax, treasury, law, etc.
• Investment management industry and sales compensation experience a “plus”.
Must have 6‐10 years of progressive career growth and development specifically in the field of compensation.
The individual’s experience MUST include: compensation design, consulting, transforming processes to be more efficient, and significant exposure to strategy and business development.
Must be a self‐starter, results‐oriented, a team player, and have strong project management skills.
She/he must possess excellent communications skills (both oral and written) and strong
technical skills (word, excel and powerpoint) and be an effective communicator both horizontally and vertically within the organization.
Prior experience working in SAP, Success Factors, and MS Access environment a plus.
•A Bachelor’s degree is required, an advanced degree (strong preference for an MBA) with strong finance/analytical skills are desired.