Business Analyst, BI & Reporting (BBBH122175) Irvine, California
We have been tasked by one of our best clients to help them find a qualified Business Analyst for a Direct Hire role.
The Business Analyst role will be responsible for supporting a Business Intelligence initiative utilizing SAP Business Objects for reporting analytics and visualization.
- Requirements gathering, working with users and business owners to understand reporting needs, data analysis, system design, and translating those requirements into solutions in Business Objects such as Web Intelligence.
- For visualization developing BI solutions in Dashboard Designs, analyzing KPI calculations logic, and Explorer Information Space design.
- This role will own the management of all requirements gathering, analysis, evaluation of incoming user requests, including effectively documenting and articulating tactical and strategic requirements to management, business stakeholders, developers, and offshore teams for the purpose of implementing solutions for the business units involved.
- This role will gather business requirements and work with development teams on a SAP Business Objects BI 4.0 SP4 integrated with SAP BW 7.01 environment. Experience collaborating with development teams working with SAP Business Objects such as Web Intelligence, Explorer, and Dashboard Design is strongly preferred.
- This role will coordinate internal system release testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to facilitate effective and organized issue resolution. This includes training of UAT team on the application and/or process change, and management of all phases of testing for the team's supported applications.
- Serve as application support analyst for the help desk ticket queues for assigned Business Objects functions and business intelligence reporting questions.
- Produce process maps, system diagrams, logical data models, business requirements, gap analysis, report specifications and other documentation as required for project analysis, planning and design.
- Design test plans, including definition of test cases and the creation of detailed solution test scripts. Work with other teams and vendors to explore methods for automation of testing.
- Work with the training department to develop training plans and quick reference guides to support system implementation. Perform ad-hoc user training when necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and working 5+ years of solid experience working in the Information Technology / Information Systems industry
- 4+ years working with data analysis and enterprise class BI tools as a Business Analyst (Requirements, Design, Testing, and Documentation
- Production support experience working with business users on SAP BusinessObjects BI and SAP BW issues or enhancements
- Strong critical thinking skills, including system and business analysis, problem analysis and resolution.
- Must be able to understand technical concepts of the system environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a customer service attitude.
- Must be extremely well organized and thorough. The ideal candidate sees every problem or issue as a potential opportunity; strive for continual process improvement and approach daily tasks with a positive attitude and deep desire to elevate the customer experience.
- Strong understanding of a business process area such as Finance, Budgeting, Sales, Supply Chain, CRM, etc.
Special Experience Desired:
- Hands-on experience with development on SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 Web Intelligence, Explorer, Dashboard Designs, and Universe.
- Hands-on experience working in a SAP BW 7.x environment with BEx Query/BEx Analzer development, knowledge of MultiProviders, and understanding of InfoProviders/InfoObjects.
- Special consideration given to candidates that have worked in the real estate industry (commercial or multi-family property management or construction)
- Experience with other business intelligence tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Microsoft) and/or GIS systems (ESRI) is a plus.