Location: London, England
Salary: GBP400 - GBP600 per day
A leading online fashion retailer has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Perl Developer to join us.
- Build high quality applications and HTTP based services
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical members in the team
- Develop a good understanding of business requirements and write technical specifications
- Ensure that work is well-planned, estimated, implemented, tested, and documented
- Identify and help plan improvements to systems
- Participate in code review and mentoring processes
- Keep up with industry trends and experiment with new tools, technologies & development methods with a view to adopting best practices that fit the business
- Monitor and support production systems
Required Skills & Experience:
- Server-side development in Perl
- SQL/RDBMS (we use PostgreSQL)
- Version control systems (we use git)
- Able to investigate & trouble-shoot technical issues
- Able to rapidly and effectively context-switch
- Linux OS familiarity
Desirable Skills & Experience:
Experience of any of the following will be useful but training will be provided to the right candidate.
- Able to develop web-based user interfaces (HTML, CSS) & APIs (JSON & XML)
- Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly: DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Plack, Template Toolkit and Moose
- Experience building and testing high-availability applications
- Agile development methodologies and practises (Scrum, Kanban, TDD)
- Developing remote services with Perl and working with SOA
- Implementing continuous delivery (ideally using Jenkins and OpenStack)
- One or more JVM based languages and/or Ruby (specifically using the Cucumber test framework)
- Perl & Linux conventions
- Message queues (we use ActiveMQ)
- Perl testing frameworks
Please check the job details, then fill in your details below and click "Submit now".
* Indicates a required field.