Health and Safety Manager, Brine Inflow (PCK593-9007) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Health and Safety Manager, Brine Inflow at our Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate will lead, coach and develop the Potash mine safety organization at the Esterhazy, Brine Inflow location, as it champions the Relentless Pursuit of an Injury free Workplace. Partner with the Director of Brine Inflow, the leadership team and other key stakeholders in building a strong safety culture. The Manager is well versed in the critical components safety management systems, as well as enablers of effective behaviour based safety programs. The Manager has strong interpersonal skills and can effectively mentor employees and contractors on safety concepts, processes, requirements and procedures. The Safety Manager interacts with senior Provincial Safety and Health Administration officials and provides strategic direction on managing the Agency relationship. The Manager will refine safety policies and procedures that support the safety management system based on feedback from incident investigations, audits and business effectiveness.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor degree preferred, equivalent experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Safety Professional Certification preferred. If the successful candidate does not have a certification, it must be obtained within an agreed upon time of accepting the position.
- At least 10 years health and safety experience, with applied knowledge in the areas of industrial hygiene, emergency response, adult education and training, loss control, compliance auditing, contractor management and occupational health and safety.
- Demonstrated ability to manage health and safety programs across multiple sites.
- Strong knowledge of health and safety best practices and legal requirements. Demonstrated ability to work with employees and contractors to identify and implement the programs required to achieve Mosaic's safety objectives.
- Well established working relationships with senior Provincial Agency management.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, databases, etc.
- Working knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Management Systems.
- Good business acumen.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the workforce and management.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence upward and coach downward; requires strong leadership qualities.
- Ability to work with teams across multiple sites.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead groups toward consensus.
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to change.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!