Senior Financial Analyst (PCK593-9235) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Financial Analyst Sr at our Colonsay, SK location. The successful candidate will be The Financial Analyst Sr - Asset Strategies and Continuous Improvement will provide Financial services to the facility and will be responsible for the execution of the analysis, and management reporting for maintenance spending (capital and expense). This role is responsible for partnering with the Asset Strategies team in order to effectively budget and forecast maintenance spending, develop Capital Requests, and apply Mosaic’s Capital policy. In addition, this person will partner with the Continuous Improvement Manager to advance Mosaic’s cost savings strategy and use advanced analytic skills to explain spending variances, deliver answers, and assist in the attainment of Mosaic’s cost competitive strategy.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Accounting.
- Professional Accounting Designation – CA, CMA or CGA.
- 5+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong understanding of financial management principles and methods.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment and be an advanced Microsoft Excel user.
- Experience with SAP or other major ERP systems is preferred.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot system problems.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to coach and lead employees.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Think creatively with an ability to create innovative solutions.
- Self-motivated and self-directed.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!