Process Engineer III (PCK593-9327) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer III at our Esterhazy, SK location. The successful candidate Monitors daily mill production efficiency, trouble shoots recovery and reliability issues, recommends and tests, equipment/processes/reagents/control strategies to improve production capacity/efficiency or for cost reduction purposes. Provides updated budget forecasts for reagent usage. Provides process input for overall capital planning. Makes recommendations for changes to meet desired product quality specifications or address deficiencies and monitors daily product quality. Supervises and plans daily safe work for a crew of hourly technicians and co-op students responsible for gathering and analyzing metallurgical process data.
What will you be working on?
- Continuously strive to improve existing facilities and seek best practices production methods. Work with operations and maintenance to develop and implement process improvements or capital projects that increase production, safety, quality, environmental, or water/energy management. Enable implementation or incorporation of maintenance and engineering processes into production operations.
- Monitor daily production circuit data and trends to ensure optimal milling performance. Be a leader in diagnosing circuit performance issues and taking action to resolve to minimize losses. Be a leader in organizing milling RCAs.
- Review final product quality specs vs. target. Be a leader in diagnosing and correcting mill, loadout and lab issues leading to quality non-conformance. Attend scheduled product quality meetings to review any trends or outstanding quality issues that require action.
- Plan and schedule daily work for Met Techs. Perform daily safety toolbox discussions and JHAs. Ensure proper training and adherence to lab and mill Standard Operating Procedures. Organize and run monthly safety meetings. Ensure throughout working day that Met Techs are working safely and completing assigned work as required.
- Ensure yourself and others around you are discussing and focusing on safety during every task they perform. Perform and complete STOP Observations and ensure Met Techs are trained and adhere to site safety program.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree majoring in Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of the separation technologies, processes and unit operations necessary in producing a finished product from raw materials.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office, Minitab, Databases, Process Control etc. Leadership, communication, interpersonal, supervision skills.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!