Return To Work Coordinator (PCK593-10880) Regina, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Return To Work Coordinator?
We are currently seeking a Return To Work Coordinator to support our Saskatchewan locations. This position will be based out of our Regina, SK location. The Return to Work (RTW) Coordinator will facilitate the case management and return to work of ill or injured employees as expeditiously as possible through collaboration with site management, Health and Safety, local RTW committees, Human Resources, WCB representatives, benefit providers, union representatives and other required stakeholders while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and Company Policies. The RTW Coordinator employs the principles of disability management to actively manage and ensure all disabled employees are provided with appropriate case management to affect an early, timely and safe return to work, reducing lost time and improving productivity, while decreasing financial loss to the organization.
What will you do?
- Assist with the development of RTW plans, seeking assistance from the Occupational Health Nurses when required for return to work planning of complex cases. Refers cases in which further medical intervention is required, such as Independent Medical Evaluations, Functional Capacity Evaluations, safety concerns, and restriction clarification. Make recommendations for resolving cases that cannot be accommodated within the company as per accommodation policy.
- Consult with the employee, union, supervisor, treating physician and other stakeholders on abilities/restrictions, job demands, physical demands analysis, functional abilities forms, and timing of return to work. In conjunction with the manager, develop possible job matches when an employee cannot go back to their previous job. Develop and maintain a list of available and appropriate modified work duties which can be used for temporary accommodations within area of responsibility.
- Ensure the consistency of application of RTW program for the Potash Business Unit Canadian locations including development and delivery of appropriate training for front line staff on the RTW program and the delivery of general communication about the RTW Program for the entire business unit.
- Establish effective communication between all stakeholders, which includes site management, Human Resources, Health and Safety, WCB Representatives, benefit providers, RTW Committees and Union representatives. Ensure confidentiality of all sensitive information pertaining to the employees when developing and implementing return to work plans. Convene the site RTW Team for case review meetings as required.
- Implement the disability management and RTW programs at the Potash Business Unit Canadian locations in order to assist employees who are unable to return to their regular duties as a result of an occupational or non-occupational illness or injury. The RTW Coordinator adheres to the Company's Return to Work and Workplace Accommodation Policies and Procedures.
What do you need for this role?
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Diploma or degree preferred.
- Certificate in Disability Claims Management (CRTWC, CDMP) is an asset. Designation in a health or health related profession (i.e.: Kinesiology, Physiotherapy, Ergonomics, Occupational Therapy) is a definite asset.
- 3+ years of experience in return to work programs, claims management or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferably in union environment is required.
- Understanding of accommodation principles, techniques and requirements.
- Experience in an industrial environment is preferred.
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment and with MS Office programs.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams to effectively manage the safe and timely return to work of injured or ill employees
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to influence and market accommodations to all levels of management
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, coaching and influencing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Proven ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines and demonstrated ability to work either independently or as part of a team
- Results driven with proven multi-tasking ability
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today at http://www.mosaicco.com/careers