Communications Specialist (PCK593-11465) Regina, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist at our Regina, SK location. The successful candidate will develop and execute strategic internal communications for the Esterhazy, Colonsay and Belle Plaine sites. This role will work with Potash Business Unit communications to ensure consistent message development and will develop relationships with Operations, Human Resources, Environmental Health & Safety, and site leadership to understand and proactively respond to specific communications objectives, needs and challenges. The Communications Specialist must be able to be on site minimum of three days a week. Extensive in province travel required.
What will you be working on?
- Develop communications primarily for internal audiences, including: writing for site newsletters; face-to-face engagements between management teams and the frontline workforce; write management speeches and talking points; employee recognition events and communications; safety milestones; employee and charitable events; operations and major capital project updates.
- Build relationships with Operations, Environmental Health and Safety and Human Resources at each facility to provide communications counsel and programs for new and current initiatives, facility goals and objectives, and strategic communications; schedule and coordinate meetings and activities as needed for the implementation of the site communications plan.
- Optimize and leverage current communications channels; develop new channels when appropriate, including opportunities for greater collaborative dialogue and feedback between work groups and site leadership; sharing local content for Potash-wide communications.
- Work closely with facility staff to ensure high quality publications and consistency with corporate identity and branding standards; works closely with Regina Public Affairs to ensure branding standards are met and communicated to site employees.
- Maintain regular contact with Potash Public Affairs team. Other projects as assigned including: Planning, logistical and/or volunteer support for local public relations efforts; participate in and coordinate volunteers for Mosaic initiatives; liaison with community partners and external stakeholders where required.
What is required for this role?
- Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism required. Bachelor's degree preferred. Major in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in a communications role for a corporation, public relations agency, non-profit organization, or unit of government.
- Superior writing ability and strong verbal communication skills.
- Experience developing and implementing communications plans.
- Experience in preparing speeches and presentations.
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Highly professional demeanor and must have diplomacy skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Well-organized with superior follow-through.
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking and decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment.
- Ability to resolve complex issues and handle multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work under high levels of stress.
- Must be able to establish and maintain internal and external levels of personal credibility and programmatic credibility.
- Must demonstrate sound judgment and decisiveness.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
Please apply online at http://www.mosaicco.com/careers/.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!