Journeyperson Electrician (PCK593-9258) Esterhazy, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking a Journeyperson Electrician at our Esterhazy K2 location. As the successful candidate, you will safely and efficiently perform the duties in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
- Work efficiently from drawings and manuals in the installation and commissioning of any new electrical equipment in the low, medium or high voltage ranges.
- Troubleshoot efficiently all on site DC and AC control equipment and power equipment up to 72,000 volts, including transformers, motors, generators, switches, breakers, starters, vibrators, cables and so on.
- As applicable, test, start, stop, isolate, ground, reset, adjust, calibrate, remove, dismantle, clean, repair, rebuild, replace, inspect any on site electrical equipment.
- Safely use all tools and instruments common to industrial electrical shop and field work.
- Work on energized high voltage equipment.
- Efficiently perform breakdown maintenance trouble-shooting and repair without help from drawings.
- Recognize, recommend and utilize equipment and materials suitable for use in an industrial potash environment.
- Complete exam and task sheet on usage of related equipment.
- Draft field schematics.
- If required must be prepared to train and handle fire fighting duties as a member of the shift fire crew.
- Interpret and carry out written or oral instructions, and to make written reports as required.
- Diligently adhere to all relevant legal environmental requirements.
- Diligently ensure that all relevant OH&S requirements and in-house safety regulations are complied with.
What is required for this role?
- A valid Journeyperson's License in accordance with the Electrical Inspection and Licensing Act of the Province of Saskatchewan, Department of Labour, including a minimum of 12 month's experience in Electrical installation and maintenance in an industrial plant.
- A thorough working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code and its applicable supplements.
- A complete understanding of acceptable safety procedures relating to work on site involving energized or deenergized electrical equipment.
- The ability to discern the state of mechanical condition of machines and equipment and take appropriate action.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be Authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
The above reflect the general duties considered to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.