Financial Analyst Sr (PCK593-9612) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Financial Analyst Sr. – Asset Strategy & Continuous Improvement at our Belle Plaine, Sk location. The Financial Analyst Sr - Asset Strategies and Continuous Improvement will provide Financial services to the facility and will be responsible for the execution of the analysis, and management reporting for maintenance spending (capital and expense). This role is responsible for partnering with the Asset Strategies team in order to effectively budget and forecast maintenance spending, develop Capital Requests, and apply Mosaic’s Capital policy. In addition, this person will partner with the Continuous Improvement Manager to advance Mosaic’s cost savings strategy and use advanced analytic skills to explain spending variances, deliver answers, and assist in the attainment of Mosaic’s cost competitive strategy.
What will you be working on?
- Plant Financial Planning & Analysis: Serve as a member of the plant superintendent team and provides financial leadership at the site related to maintenance spending. Develop budgets, forecasts, and management reporting which supports Mosaic management’s business planning and strategic decision making. Partner with site management to accurately develop both short term and long term financial plans and strategies. Utilize the CCMR system, cost analytics, and the CPM model wherever feasible. Advise Mosaic management on financial aspects of business strategic planning and budget implementation or planning. Partner with Mosaic management and any relevant management bargaining committee with respect to financial aspects of collective bargaining.
- CCMR System Utilization/Analytics: Execute the analysis and management reporting of current fiscal year operations spending, including continuous forecasting of projects in the CCMR system. Ensure timely corporate submissions and strict adherence to Mosaic’s policies and deadlines. Complete analysis by leveraging systems, operational knowledge, and partnering in order to deliver answers to management that enable strategic decisions. Execute the analysis and management reporting for maintenance capital and expense spending. Partnership at the planning and scheduling level of the organization is critical.
- Cost Saving Initiatives: Partner with the Continuous Improvement Manager and provide financial expertise to drive cost savings initiatives.
- Systems and Standardization: Lead the communication and training of Mosaic policies, procedures, and systems at the site. Provide leadership in financial systems knowledge. This position requires that this individual be involved in financial systems upgrades, implementations and testing. Serve as a member of the PBU analytic team that ensures standardization of cost accounting and reporting is maintained across the PBU.
- Capital Requests: Work with the site team to prepare capital requests and the eventual completion of the projects. Ensure projects are completed in accordance with Mosaic’s capital policy.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor’s degree required. Major in Accounting preferred.
- Professional Accounting Designation – CA, CMA or CGA
- 5+ years of accounting or financial analysis experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices
- Strong understanding of financial management principles and methods
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment and be an advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Experience with SAP or other major ERP systems is preferred
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot system problems
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities
- Strong decision making skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to coach and lead employees
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills
- Think creatively with an ability to create innovative solutions
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic’s pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!