Applied Process Chemist (PCK593-8999) Belle Plaine, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Team Member?
We are currently seeking an Applied Process Chemist at our Belle Plaine, SK location. The successful candidate must be able to integrate new technologies and developments with existing processes. This role meets the requirement of having a group working outside of the day to day operational requirements focused on potentially higher impact improvements. Communication, relationship building and leadership qualities are a must.
What will you be working on?
- Contribute to the attainment of research goals by managing competing priorities and conducting all project phases. Phases include planning of experiment, execution of engineering plans, and interpretation of results from laboratory to pilot scale. Goal categories can include process improvement and modifications, capital equipment selection, environmental stewardship, process commissioning, product quality, and technology transfers within all Mosaic Potash mine sites. Must demonstrate ability to take proof-of-concept design to practical process implementation, diverse project management with self-motivation.
- Utilize effective written, oral, and presentation skills to convey research findings through monthly reporting, technical peer review presentations, and regular meetings with project stakeholders.
- Act as a technical services group representative in the potash business unit, facilitating technology transfer and sharing of new ideas. Contribute to the technical capabilities of other departments by advising, consulting, and providing technology demonstration support. Identify opportunities for new research initiatives aligned with Mosaic's strategic priorities. Creative and innovative ideas are fostered and encouraged.
- Assist in developing and maintaining competent personnel through mentorship and "People Leader" competencies. Must have proven leadership skills and strong mentorship ability for junior professionals and laboratory specialists. Initiate and participate in training courses including laboratory techniques, scientific observation, results interpretation, and specific areas of interest.
- Lead and contribute to safety initiatives through completion of safety audits, safety meetings, project reviews, chemical audits, and peer review processes.
What is required for this role?
- Bachelor of Chemistry required.
- Minimum of 5 years process engineering experience, Research and/or Mining experience an asset.
- Microsoft Office programs, Statistical Software, AutoCAD/mechanical design programs an asset.
- Requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to relate to operations personnel.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!