Mill Maintenance Personnel (Journeyman Industrial Mechanic) (PCK593-9346) Colonsay, Canada
Who is Mosaic?
The Mosaic Company (www.mosaicco.com), NYSE: MOS, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
Are you our next Essential Ingredient?
We are currently seeking Journeyman Industrial Mechanics at our Colonsay, SK location. As the successful candidate, you will safely and efficiently perform the duties of Industrial Mechanic in an assigned area on an assigned shift.
- Inspect, install, adjust and maintain mechanical machines and equipment on site.
- Dismantle, repair and assemble plant equipment in line with manufacturers' specifications and recommended standards.
- Safely operate specific units of mobile equipment including overhead and mobile crane.
- Display full knowledge and use of drawings, prints, sketches and parts manuals.
- Display full knowledge and use of micrometer and dial indicator and other tools necessary to achieve the settings and tolerances required.
- Operate all equipment serviced or repaired.
- Pass all related training classes.
- Work from ladder, platform, staging scaffold, swing stage and mobile equipment basket.
- If required must be prepared to train and handle fire fighting duties as a member of the shift fire crew.
- Interpret and carry out written or oral instructions, and to make written reports as required.
- Diligently adhere to all relevant legal environmental requirements.
- Diligently ensure that all relevant OH&S requirements and in-house safety regulations are complied with.
What are we looking for?
- A recognized, valid, Journeyman Industrial Mechanic's Certificate.
- Full knowledge of the safe utilization and care of power and hand tools.
- Full knowledge of cutting and welding practices.
- The ability to discern the state of mechanical condition of machines and equipment and take appropriate action.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing Mosaic's pre-employment checks including criminal, drug and alcohol testing.
Mosaic is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace, and strives to achieve a representative workforce in Canada.
We help the World Grow the Food it Needs -Apply today and join our team!