Lab Technician (BBBH13759) Gordon, Georgia
Our client is the world’s leading chemical company. With more than 110,000 employees, six Verbund sites and approximately 380 additional production sites worldwide they serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. They combine economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection. Through science and innovation they enable customers in almost all industries to meet the current and future needs of society. Their products and system solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring healthy food and nutrition and helping to improve quality of life.
- This position supports the Minerals group of the Middle Georgia operations primarily through the performance of analytical procedures to determine the various qualities or properties of kaolin as found in the Middle Georgia reserves.
- The analysis of these reserves provides the basis for mines planning and the supply of crude kaolin slurry to the plants.
- These analytical procedures include the proper handling and preparation of drilling cores or bagged samples as well as the standard analytical procedures performed by other laboratories within the Middle Georgia operations.
- Operates simple to moderately complex analytical instrumentation or equipment, within predefined parameters.
- Performs necessary mathematical calculations and may interpret data.
- Monitors critical parameters using basic statistical means.
- Provides input in developing improvements to existing procedures and techniques.
- Compiles, evaluates, and submits results of tests to supervisor, or operation units. Recognizes and communicates non-conforming conditions.
- Develops a basic understanding of the process, and assists in trouble shooting related issues, primarily through analytical testing. Supports other aspects of the Middle Georgia operations such safety audits and STOP observations.
- This position requires the equivalency of both post high school technical training and one or more years of applicable experience.
- Good communication skills are required along with applied working knowledge of computer skills including spreadsheets and graphs.
- The Technician must have demonstrated a willingness to work outside his or her department as directed by his or her supervisor.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 500 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. We prepare our clients to succeed in a changing marketplace by creating a custom pipeline of professionals and teams that are superbly matched to our clients’ business functions and cultures.
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, R & D, Engineering, Administrative and Light Industrial.
Founded 27 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients’ most important assets.
Our team of expert account managers and recruiters collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. We also keep our clients informed of important industry trends. We use this information to build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals.
Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Hired by Matrix has a track record of delivering consultants that map precisely to the skills, expertise and company culture required. Our investment in recruiters, who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, has resulted in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business. This frees our clients to focus their time and efforts on higher value goals, such as creating more efficient processes, optimizing their human resources, or enhancing productivity.
We also bring a human touch to managing and motivating our consultants, from the initial recruitment process and candidate presentation, to monitoring their progress throughout the life of the assignment.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE); and CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. HbM is also WOSB (Woman Owned Small Business) Certified.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.