Researcher - Emerging Technology (BBBH14521) Plano, Texas
The mission of our client is to be the world's premier consumer Products Company focused on convenient foods and beverages. They seek to provide opportunities for growth and enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in which they operate. And in everything they do, they strive for honesty, fairness and integrity.
- This role requires someone who can understand the fundamental science and combine that with a creative imagination and a strong sense of curiosity.
- The scope includes both the search for new technologies and cross-industry capabilities for potential reapplication in the food area and then the initial evaluation effort.
- The research will involve strong collaborative efforts with both company scientists and engineers and external experts in a fast-pace industrial laboratory setting.
- The position can range from 12-18 months, and is located in Plano, TX.
Skill Sets Required:
- Food Science
- MS Office
- Connect with and leverage multiple sources to efficiently and effectively scan the globe for potential technologies, considering universities, companies, consortiums, publications, patents, individual entrepreneurs, crowd sourcing, technology incubators, etc. Establish a good working relationship with these to yield solid leads on new technologies.
- Locate possible technologies that are of interest for at least one of the company’s businesses and perform proof of principle testing to provide a point of view on whether to pursue a more depth research program.
- Lead further internal investigation and testing of any technology brought into the company.
- Ph.D. degree (or B.S. degree and 20+ years’ experience) in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Food Engineering or related fields is required.
- Extensive university network (prior experience working with a national laboratory preferred)
- Excellent communication skills for both written documentation of testing and oral presentations to team to assist in the decision to bring technologies to the company.
Essential Job Requirements:
- PREFERRED SKILLS - Nice to Haves - Experience with statistical design of experiments (Minitab or R preferred)
- Experience with computational and numerical simulation preferred (Ansys/Fluent and COMSOL software experience preferred)
- 25% travel involved
Approx. Duration: 11 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 500 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. We prepare our clients to succeed in a changing marketplace by creating a custom pipeline of professionals and teams that are superbly matched to our clients’ business functions and cultures.
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, R & D, Engineering, Administrative and Light Industrial.
Founded 27 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients’ most important assets.
Our team of expert account managers and recruiters collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. We also keep our clients informed of important industry trends. We use this information to build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals.
Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Hired by Matrix has a track record of delivering consultants that map precisely to the skills, expertise and company culture required. Our investment in recruiters, who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, has resulted in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business. This frees our clients to focus their time and efforts on higher value goals, such as creating more efficient processes, optimizing their human resources, or enhancing productivity.
We also bring a human touch to managing and motivating our consultants, from the initial recruitment process and candidate presentation, to monitoring their progress throughout the life of the assignment.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE); and CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. HbM is also WOSB (Woman Owned Small Business) Certified.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.