Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
Demand Planning Manager owns the operational demand forecast for the brand. Manages and provides guidance to Demand Planners ingenerating, consolidating, and communicating the demand plan to Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain. Present fill rate, forecast accuracy, past dues, lead time, and other relevant supply chain metrics to select customers through a collaborative process. Demand Planning managers set forecast targets based on industry performance, and are responsible for managing, assisting, and training Demand Planners in the above mentioned process.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
40% Sales Forecast Management
- Manage the consolidation of the sales unit forecast. Prepare unit and dollar sales estimates derived from the projected sales/business plan to support the budget, monthly financial forecasts, and the strategic plan.
- Understand, support, and engage in the development of the Billing Estimate in order to assist the business in predicting financial performance by channel by business.
- Lead the S&OP process for Demand Planning. Insure the efficient planning of product promotions, new production introductions and product discontinuance.
- Drive and influence KPI results: Fill Rate, Forecast Accuracy, Past Dues, Lead Time
- Lead development of the annual demand plan in alignment with the annual revenue plan.
- Assist in the design and lead the implementation of strategic shifts in the forecasting processes.
25% Supply Chain Collaborator
- Provide to Supply Planning and Manufacturing team updates on significant forecast changes.
- Provide a forecast to assist Supply Planning on managing inventories to assure the highest possible level of customer service while achieving company inventory targets. Support the management of excess and obsolete finished goods inventories. Support key performance improvement initiatives.
- Develop statistical stocking strategies required to achieve a fine balance between service and inventory goals.
25% S&OP Leadership
- Represents Demand Planning involvement in the S&OP meetings.
- Ensures efficacy of the Demand Plan and optimal Customer fulfillment.
- People Management
- Provide leadership and direction of team Analysts, Planners and Specialists.
- Balance workload requirements across the team to ensure successful execution.
- Drive career and skill development of team members to encourage continual talent development, performance management, retention, and job satisfaction.
10% Other/As Needed
Education and Experience Profile
- B.S. in Engineering / Operations / Supply Chain Management required
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Business is a plus
- 8-10 years of experience in Supply Chain required
- Extensive functional knowledge of demand planning, forecasting, and other related areas.
- Experience leading projects, and/or business teams or providing key technical expertise.
- Operations experience in consumer products industry preferred.
- Strong project management experience.
- Hands on experience with planning software.
- Experience in presenting to skip level management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prepare executive level presentations.
- Proven ability to provide leadership through influence.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Proven track record of successfully working with all levels within the organization.
- Experience working with external clients.
- APICS CPIM Certification required
- Builds strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Effectively builds formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning.
- Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same.
- Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully.
- Pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale; Shares wins and rewards team efforts.
- Fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
- Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.