Accounts Receivable Specialist (-1120) New York, New York
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Position Title: Accounting Specialist
Reports to: CARS Manager
Location: Manhattan, New York
Central Parking System, a global leader in the parking and transportation has an outstanding career opportunity for an Account Specialist.
Maintenance of customers’ accounts within assigned locations in a computerized AR system, such as:
- Process monthly parker applications and terminations
- Account maintenance
- Post payments
- Manual invoices
- Reconciliation of monthly revenue to general ledger
- Initiate purchase orders for customer’s refunds
- Manage certificate of tax exemptions
- Collection calls
- Handle all customer service calls from monthly customers
- Assist with CPS website related to monthly customers information
- Assist field personnel with any monthly customers issues
- Identify and report discrepancies in a timely fashion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Must be detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- 1 year of A/R and auditing or uninterrupted service with CPS.
- Associate Degree in accounting preferred.
- Must have strong follow up skills with the ability to work independently, be self-motivated and solution oriented.