Project Manager (BBBH11417) Strongsville, Ohio
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
Responsible for managing IT project teams including end user and third party provider activities pertaining to the design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of application product and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under general supervision, develop and implement assigned projects, from original concept through final implementation, and be the single point of contact.
2. Manage financial, scope, and critical path for assigned projects.
3. Manages the financial, time and resource aspects of project against a set budget and project plan.
4. Coordinate, status reports, and stability of the project work effort; assemble project plans and teamwork assignments.
5. Manage and monitor work efforts daily and identifies resource needs; perform quality review; escalate functional, quality, and timeline issues, as appropriate.
6. Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or key resources to meet customer needs and requirements.
7. Coordinate communication with all enterprise areas that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the project.
8. Performs as an internal consultant, advocate, mentor, and change agent.
9. Assist Program Manager(s) in partnering with senior management in the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities that utilize IT to achieve enterprise goals.
10. Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices, and change management techniques.
11. Create project plans, schedules, and manage project teams.
12. Utilizes and implements project management processes and methodologies for the IT community to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
13. Oversees larger and more highly complex projects.
14. Provides informal guidance and support to more junior team members.
15. Serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project.
16. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Possess high-level knowledge and proficiency in Resource Management practices and Change Management techniques.
2. Advanced knowledge of major package applications software.
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to develop presentations and present to management.
4. Strong knowledge and understanding of business principles, practices and procedures.
5. Demonstrated problem solving and negotiation skills.
6. Strong project management skills and experience.
7. Leverages business and technical expertise across disciplines, demonstrating a high level of industry knowledge.
8. Contributes to the strategic direction of the client group(s).
9. May provide guidance to senior management.
Approx. Duration: 1 week
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.