CAD Designer (BBBH13663) Richardson, Texas
For over 50 years our client has been a Global leader dedicated to advancing fire safety and security by providing innovative ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect people where they live and work. Initially an electronics company, they currently are the industry leaders in providing security systems, fire protection systems as well as life safety products and services. They are also the world's leading maker of industrial valves and controls. Additionally, they manufacture and distribute a wide variety of medical devices and supplies.
- Work closely with senior design engineers to develop drawings, calculations and equipment application for either fire alarm, security, sprinkler, suppression and/or sound systems using AutoCAD.
- Review and interpret engineer specifications.
- Prepare complex electrical drawings, such as conceptual presentation drawings which meet contract requirements, floor plan layouts, riser drawing, battery and voltage drop calculations.
- Prepare electrical interconnection drawings, matrixes and technical charts.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per Headquarters policies.
- Coordinate electronic systems projects delivery process from order receipt to project completion.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience required. Associates Degree preferred, or AutoCAD certification with demonstrated success in the functions outlined in the above job responsibilities.
- Experience in Fire Alarm, Fire Detection, Security, CCTV, Nurse Call, and/or Master Time a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets.
- Proficient in reading and understanding architectural, electrical layouts & diagrams.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision. Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and focus attention to PC monitor for prolonged periods.
- Ability to operate and maintain CAD equipment, plotter and other drawing reproduction equipment.
- Maintain project drawing files, drawing library, and associated records and documentation per business and district policies.
- The ability to obtain NICET Level II within a year of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal.
Approx. Duration: 6 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a full service staffing and recruiting company that enables Fortune 500 and mid-market companies nationwide to achieve their strategic goals. We prepare our clients to succeed in a changing marketplace by creating a custom pipeline of professionals and teams that are superbly matched to our clients’ business functions and cultures.
We recruit for a variety of job types including IT, Finance and Accounting, R & D, Engineering, Administrative and Light Industrial.
Founded 27 years ago by CEO Sharon Olzerowicz, Hired by Matrix distinguishes itself as an exceptionally reliable partner whose industry knowledge and continuous pursuit of excellence allows the company to deliver the caliber of professionals who become our clients’ most important assets.
Our team of expert account managers and recruiters collaborate closely with our clients to understand their needs, corporate requirements and company cultures. We also keep our clients informed of important industry trends. We use this information to build robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals.
Our responsiveness, tenacity and know-how apply to all service delivery channels, from corporate procurement executives and hiring managers to Managed Service Providers (MSPs). Hired by Matrix has a track record of delivering consultants that map precisely to the skills, expertise and company culture required. Our investment in recruiters, who specialize in a range of capabilities and niche disciplines, has resulted in successful matches, long contracts and repeat business. This frees our clients to focus their time and efforts on higher value goals, such as creating more efficient processes, optimizing their human resources, or enhancing productivity.
We also bring a human touch to managing and motivating our consultants, from the initial recruitment process and candidate presentation, to monitoring their progress throughout the life of the assignment.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is a WBENC-certified Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE); and CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group. HbM is also WOSB (Woman Owned Small Business) Certified.
Hired by Matrix, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.