Senior Software Developer (BBBH10776) Atlanta, Georgia
Our client creates and programs branded news; entertainment; and sports media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world. As a vendor to this well respected company, we aim to provide highly motivated and qualified candidates to meet their long and short-term staffing needs. An opportunity with this client will give you an opportunity to build on your experience and work for a nationally and globally renowned company.
This team builds and maintains mission-critical video production systems for the Company. The Senior Developer works as a Scrum team member, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering -- not limited to object-oriented design and programming, configuration management, testing, and more -- to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
- Develop software confidence and reliability by creating testing artifacts, develop tooling and have communication needed to ensure modified codebases are releasable (10%)
- Provide third tier support for production issues and working with other peer teams (10%)
- Agile/Scrum planning and process improvement (10%)
- Architectural planning and design (10%)
BS in Computer Science, Software or other Engineering or related field required; MS or higher preferred
- A minimum of seven years of software development experience, with a strong focus on application development
- Strong working knowledge of CSS, XML/XSL/JSON, HTML5, and associated modern technologies
- Have previous experience, of at least three years, building medium- to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code / artifacts
- Five or more years experience developing systems with enterprise, commercial relational databases, including strong working knowledge of SQL and modern ORM tools
- Candidates capable of demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred: release management of enterprise-class system code and artifacts, data and schema modeling, user interface development, human factors, build/deployment management, asynchronous/high-latency programming concepts and tools not limited to JMS messaging, or video coding.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required. Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
- Should exhibit good system engineering skills (e.g., common industry database design and practices, application architectures, operating systems concepts, networking, etc.) in addition to skills in application development.
Approx. Duration: 2 months
About Hired By Matrix
For more than 25 years, Hired by Matrix has been providing temporary and long-term contract staffing solutions to Fortune 1,000 as well as mid-market companies nationwide. Our clients include major pharmaceutical, delivery & logistic, business information, financial and entertainment companies. The technology that we support is as diverse as our clients. We provide consultants with experience in mainframe legacy technology all the way to cutting edge technologies, like web and mobile application development. Our consultants are in roles that include Project Managers, Architects, Business analysts, QA, developers and infrastructure & network specialists. At the request of our clients we have broadened our capabilities across a variety of different areas, including: finance and accounting, R&D, clinical sciences and administrative. And as a woman-owned, WBENC-certified business we’ve helped companies grow their Supplier Diversity spend which is certainly a nice added benefit as well.
Our extended network of qualified contract professionals offers nationwide contracting capabilities.
Our dedicated team of account managers and recruiters collaborates closely with each of our clients to understand their staffing needs, corporate requirements and company cultures before building robust, fully customized pipelines of highly-qualified contract professionals in response.