Sr Data Analyst (1700BR) Long Beach, California
• Utilizing premium application reports and SQL analysis of the various premium types to produce monthly output to Finance team for recording premiums into the general ledger.
• Responsible for submission of delivery data to the State agency for premiums due, including the follow-up for outstanding data and reconciling non-payables.
• Develops databases, queries and SSRS reports to produce reports as required in support of enrollment, premium billing and reconciliation.
• Responsible for maintaining documentation in support of SOX compliance (month-end audit trail). Participates in internal and external audits on routine basis to represent outcomes.
• Work directly and indirectly with State/ Federal agencies and/or 3rd party vendor to reconcile premium discrepancies.
• Tracks membership trends related to revenue.
• Work collaboratively with the enrollment teams to reconcile eligibility issues identified through the premium reconciliation process.
• Identify any deficiencies within the process, strategize and design improvements where possible.
• Knowledge in finance, enrollment and premium related processes.
• Strong knowledge in MS SQL analysis, including SSRS and database development.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite products, key skills in Excel (V look-ups and pivots).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility to changes, responds well to new ideas and approaches.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in a distributed environment with other people who may be supervised by external parties.
• Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships with coworkers, vendors, and members.
BA/BS/BC degree or minimum equivalent employment experience of 7+ years in Finance, Health Care or related field required.
3-7 years experience as database analyst in the managed healthcare industry or related field. Must have strong finance, quantitative and analytical skills and ability.
Experience with data management and analysis preferred. 4 – 7 year’s experience in health care industry in related field desired
To all current Molina employees if you are interested in applying for this position please apply through the intranet job listing. Also, fill out an Employee Transfer Request Form (ETR) and attach it to your profile when applying online.
Molina Healthcare offers competitive benefits and compensation package. Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V.